Quantcast

SN2ed 3 Month Schedule

Join BeMo MCAT MasterMind Club®
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DolphinsRule

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Following the SN2ed 3 month schedule and using TBR Physics, Gen Chem, OChem, Bio (passages), EK Bio. I'm doing the first 1/3, second 1/3, final 1/3.

For Gen Chem chapter 1 there are 12 passages. Should we the first 1/3 as passage I, IV, VII, and X or follow the directions listed, which are passages I-III and VI-VIII as Phase 1, etc.

For OChem chapter 1 it has the 25 Molecular Structure Review Questions. Are you only doing passage I (and leaving II and III for later)? For the 52 question practice exam are you doing Passage I, IV, and VII? Or are you doing all of the 25 review questions as phase 1? 52 question practice exam as phase 2..

Just wanted to know how everyone is splitting it up. I'm a little confused.

Sarvish

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I have no response but I have a similar question so I figured I'd tack it here instead of starting a new thread.

Along the same lines, should we divide the passages by every 3rd one or follow the already divided phases?

DolphinsRule

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have the newest version of the books and after reading through some threads and looking through the books again, this is what I came up with.

Organic Chemistry actually has 3 "phases" for their chapters. (25 Molecular Structure Review Questions, 52 Question Practice Exam, and Phase 3 Homework). So I will break up the first 1/3, second 1/3, and final 1/3 like that. I'm assuming they work you up to Phase 3 Homework so it seems more logical to follow their instructions.

General Chemistry gives you specific instructions after their chapters (I: After reading this section and attending lecture: Passages I - III & VI - VIII), so I will be following their phases for first 1/3, second 1/3, and final 1/3.

It looks like Physics and Bio are not broken up into phases, with only review questions and a practice exam, so I will take every third passage in each as first 1/3, etc.

Unless someone advises against using Berkley's method and insists doing every third passage for Organic Chem and General Chemistry is the better approach then I will be using Berkley's phases. For Physics and Bio I will be doing every third passage like SN2ed suggests (first 1/3, second 1/3, final 1/3).

I'd still like to hear how everyone broke down their content or if anyone has any experience doing it one way or another.