SN2ed Study Plan Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JustinM88

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I believe I have one of the newer BR Physics book versions and for each chapter there are:
Phase I passages I, II, and III
Phase II Passages I, II, and III

THEN, in the BACK of the book, there are:
5x Practice Exams, EACH with 9x passages (they incorporate ALL of the book's chapters)

So,
I understand when SN2ed says, "First 1/3: Review Passage #1",
but I'm not sure which passages to do when SN2ed says, "Practice Exam Passage: #1, 4, 7".
Maybe I should just say Phase I = First 1/3, Phase II = Second 1/3, and Phase III (Choose 4 passages total) = Last 1/3?

Here's the excerpt from SN2ed's thread:
Day 1: BR Physics Chapter #1 + Every third practice passage of all the corresponding practice passages for this chapter. Take passages #1, 4, 7, etc. If you have a version with discretes, take discrete #1, 4, 7, etc. and spend about 1 minute per discrete. If you have the version with both "Review" passages and a practice exam, take 1/3 from the Review Passages and 1/3 from the Practice Exam.

For instance:

Review Passages #1, 2, 3
Practice Exam Passages #1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

First 1/3: Review Passage #1; Practice Exam Passage: #1, 4, 7
Second 1/3: Review Passage #2; Practice Exam Passage: #2, 5
Final 1/3: Review Passage #3; Practice Exam Passage: #3, 6

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I believe I have one of the newer BR Physics book versions and for each chapter there are:
Phase I passages I, II, and III
Phase II Passages I, II, and III

THEN, in the BACK of the book, there are:
5x Practice Exams, EACH with 9x passages (they incorporate ALL of the book's chapters)

So,
I understand when SN2ed says, "First 1/3: Review Passage #1",
but I'm not sure which passages to do when SN2ed says, "Practice Exam Passage: #1, 4, 7".
Maybe I should just say Phase I = First 1/3, Phase II = Second 1/3, and Phase III (Choose 4 passages total) = Last 1/3?

Here's the excerpt from SN2ed's thread:
Day 1: BR Physics Chapter #1 + Every third practice passage of all the corresponding practice passages for this chapter. Take passages #1, 4, 7, etc. If you have a version with discretes, take discrete #1, 4, 7, etc. and spend about 1 minute per discrete. If you have the version with both "Review" passages and a practice exam, take 1/3 from the Review Passages and 1/3 from the Practice Exam.

For instance:

Review Passages #1, 2, 3
Practice Exam Passages #1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

First 1/3: Review Passage #1; Practice Exam Passage: #1, 4, 7
Second 1/3: Review Passage #2; Practice Exam Passage: #2, 5
Final 1/3: Review Passage #3; Practice Exam Passage: #3, 6
Hey did you figure it out? I'd like to know this as well. My plan was just do 1 passage from phase 1, then 1 from phase 2, then 1/3 for phase 3. Or all the passages from phase 1 since that's content review (said tbr) then one passage from phase 2 and then 1/3 phase 3

My approach would be to replace first 1/3, second 1/3, and third 1/3 with Phase I/II/III respectively.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey did you figure it out? I'd like to know this as well. My plan was just do 1 passage from phase 1, then 1 from phase 2, then 1/3 for phase 3. Or all the passages from phase 1 since that's content review (said tbr) then one passage from phase 2 and then 1/3 phase 3

when he says "1/3" he means do the first passage AND every third passage after that one.
However, I believe TBR changed their scheme (with us having the new scheme) to fit this SN2ed method. So I believe you should do Phase I for the 'first 1/3', Phase II for the 'second 1/3', and the last 1/3 is where I'm not sure what to do since at this point you are left with those practice exams in the back of the book.

In short, I think as long as you do all of Phase I and Phase II and then do some of those practice tests in the back you'll be fine.