SN2ed study plan successors, enter

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mehd School

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I started the three month plan yesterday. I'm going to follow it quite closely (I have less than 95 days until my test) and I have a question for those who successfully completed it.

I understand the theory and the strategy relatively well. I do have a slight bump of confusion, though. Every five or six days, you re-read your week's work, AND do 5 chapters worth of EK 1001(1/3's) ? That looks like about 8+ hours of work. I do assume that you aren't re-reading the chapters with the depth you spent on them the first time around. The other days I imagine it will take me 5 hours to finish the reading plus 1/3 passages.

But that one day seems awful harsh. Did anybody alter this? Also, if you can throw out how successful you felt after the SN2ed plan, I'd appreciate it.

Of course I would have raised these questions in the correct sticky'd thread, but alas it's closed.

Thanks folks. :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

The other days I imagine it will take me 5 hours to finish the reading plus 1/3 passages.

I'm sorry to be the one to break the news to you but you are in for a very big surprise... The 3 month schedule is chalk full of days being 8 hours of work minimum. If you are going to really read and write notes on the chapters, truly understand the reading and then do the passages, you are grossly underestimating how intensive this schedule is. I took 3-4 months of full time studying (8-12 hour days) and still struggled to keep up. I was very thorough with my reading and reviewing though.

The 2nd 1/3rd days are extremely long days and they are most likely the biggest source of problems in sticking to the schedule.

By the end of the schedule I used the 5 chapter re-read days to re-read my notes. Sometimes, if the subject was weak for me, I would re-read the book and skim my notes.

I feel it's only fair that I tell you my honest experience. I'm not trying to be discouraging, just realistic with you... the 3 months schedule is extremely extremely time consuming.

I wish you the best of luck and if you have any questions please feel free to PM me.

I'm sorry to be the one to break the news to you but you are in for a very big surprise... The 3 month schedule is chalk full of days being 8 hours of work minimum. If you are going to really read and write notes on the chapters, truly understand the reading and then do the passages, you are grossly underestimating how intensive this schedule is. I took 3-4 months of full time studying (8-12 hour days) and still struggled to keep up. I was very thorough with my reading and reviewing though.

The 2nd 1/3rd days are extremely long days and they are most likely the biggest source of problems in sticking to the schedule.

By the end of the schedule I used the 5 chapter re-read days to re-read my notes. Sometimes, if the subject was weak for me, I would re-read the book and skim my notes.

I feel it's only fair that I tell you my honest experience. I'm not trying to be discouraging, just realistic with you... the 3 months schedule is extremely extremely time consuming.

I wish you the best of luck and if you have any questions please feel free to PM me.

Thank you very much for your input. :thumbup:

I'm not underestimating the sheer work of this plan. I'm simply not. I was just wondering if anyone would arrange the material slightly different to take out the chunks. No more, no less. I'm not seeking out any shortcuts. I have the time and the willingness to put in the work.

Also, how do you feel this plan prepared your for your exam?

Thanks again. :luck:

Thank you very much for your input. :thumbup:

I'm not underestimating the sheer work of this plan. I'm simply not. I was just wondering if anyone would arrange the material slightly different to take out the chunks. No more, no less. I'm not seeking out any shortcuts. I have the time and the willingness to put in the work.

Also, how do you feel this plan prepared your for your exam?

Thanks again. :luck:

I had a feeling you weren't trying to cut corners or the workload :p... Just that you were probably making the same mistake I did 4 months ago about timing. The schedule really does give the impression that a "day" is 5-8 hours. I definitely thought the same thing going in but they weren't that short. I wish someone had told me this just wasn't realistic so here I am being that guy for you :D

I did make some changes as I went on, but nothing too major.

The EK1001 series wasn't really very helpful but it can find holes in your knowledge.

TBR is excellent and this schedule is essentially the TBR books split into days. Although I don't think anything can truly prepare your for this beast, going into the exam I did feel as ready as I could possibly be. TBR is definitely the best resource for this exam.