SN2ed Summer 2014 Family

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

humangenome

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!

There was a similar thread made just around the same time last year, for people writing the MCAT in July-September and who are following the SN2ed family (a huge thank you to SN2ed for the schedule, I couldn't thank him enough!) I found the thread great for encouragement and motivation and basically an awesome place to share study tips, ask questions, discuss and even rant haha.

I was supposed to write last summer but did not because something came up - I am now writing on August 27 and on day 5 of the schedule. But if I could name a couple of things that I wish I had done differently (and now am, fingers crossed), they would be:
1) do NOT underestimate the schedule - it is a genius study plan, but a very intense one as well!
2) give yourself many buffer days and do not count on doubling days to catch up, as it will be very hard to do so
3) do NOT cut out break days!!! with such an intense study plan, these days are vital
4) if possible, do not follow SN2ed with a full time job or school (SN2ed actually makes a point of this as well)
5) if you do not have a strong science background (like me somewhat), do expect to put in more hours of work and don't be discouraged by this :)
4) this schedule is AMAZING! if followed through well, you will do well, so be thankful to have such a solid study plan, which I think will in turn psych you into being motivated and doing well hopefully :)!!

Goodluck to everyone and discuss away!!:)...

Members don't see this ad.

I am taking 8/27 as well--also utilizing sn2ed. I literally just finished finals, but aren't you starting a bit too early, assuming you are using 90 day variation? I am planning to start 5/21 or 5/22 to give myself 95 days.

My brain was hurting yesterday. It took me ~7 hours to finish day 2.

When you start thoroughly reviewing every question (including ones you got right), time to completion significantly increases. On top of that, 1/3rd of Gen Chem questions: that's a LOT of questions! I took notes on pertinent information (to me) throughout the chapter. I worked the in-chapter problems, but only on scratch paper, not in my notes.

This is definitely intense, but it 100% helps narrow down weaknesses!

I am taking 8/27 as well--also utilizing sn2ed. I literally just finished finals, but aren't you starting a bit too early, assuming you are using 90 day variation? I am planning to start 5/21 or 5/22 to give myself 95 days.

Yay! hopefully you get a nice break before you start :)

And yeah I'm starting a bit early b/c from my experience last year, I had to break some days down into 2 days. I already broke down day 3 (orgo) into 2 days - it was 50 long pages of orgo haha

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
My brain was hurting yesterday. It took me ~7 hours to finish day 2.

When you start thoroughly reviewing every question (including ones you got right), time to completion significantly increases. On top of that, 1/3rd of Gen Chem questions: that's a LOT of questions! I took notes on pertinent information (to me) throughout the chapter. I worked the in-chapter problems, but only on scratch paper, not in my notes.

This is definitely intense, but it 100% helps narrow down weaknesses!

I know haha gen chem was a lot!! But yeah, I agree, thoroughly reviewing the questions is where most of the learning happens I think :).
In what order are you doing the content day tasks? I'm usually 1) reading the chapter, then 2) doing the passages, then 3) reviewing the previous day's questions and finally 4) doing the verbal passages, but by the time I do the verbal passages (at the end of the day) I'm pretty burnt out!

My BR physics book that just came in the mail does have explained solutions to all b questions but it does not come with an index and has the kobi symbol. Should I still use it or is it too old??

Writing August 7th.

TBR questions are hard as ****.
I love the challenge and I am loving my study schedule.

Thank you SN2ed!

Also the schedule is 95 days isn't it?

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know if I can edit the threat title? I forgot to out the word 'MCAT' in the beginning... go figure haha. I feel like the thread would be easier to search if that word was in there lol

Writing it September 8th. Starting SN2 schedule mid-june. Got all my materials already. My main weakness is physics/bio/verbal. Planning to memorize the whole EK bio book couple of times before i start the SN2 schedule. Good luck everyone!