SN2ed + summer course?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

amethystdoc

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I need to take biochem 1 and 2 during the summer (span of ~4months) and my MCAT is August 16th . . . I'm worried because on the breaking down the MCAT thread SN2ed said his schedule shouldn't done with school/work . . . but do you guys think this will be fine? I will have class 3 times a week, from 10:30-12:45 and Thursdays I will usually have 2 labs (9-12 & 1:30-3:30). I was thinking Thursdays will be my break days.

What should I do?

Thanks for you input

Members don't see this ad.

I will be taking Organic Chemistry in the summer. I think as long as you are dedicating the amount of time needed, and have the ability to balance both it shouldn't be a problem

Members don't see this ad :)
Actually the Sn2 study schedule takes approx 10hrs/ day (at least for me). I think you should be fine but your "break" days will probably be less often...

Depends on how good you know the material already and the time you spend on reviewing.
But SN2ed definitely takes a good chunk of your time for sure. The problem with having work/school at the same time is it becomes difficult when you have to prioritize one over the other when time isn't enough.

You should be fine. I did Sn2while taking 3 science classes and did great, although I did the 4 month variation (I also cut out a couple of things, but at one point I actually had to slow down since I was 2 weeks ahead of schedule). I did have to put in a lot of time into studying but I still had free time.