SN2ed verbal question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TX500

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I noticed he recommended taking 2 verbal passages a day, which is fine. However, it seems as if one week you're doing 2 passages per day, and then bam, you begin taking AAMC FLs, which have 7 passages. Is there no transition between the two? In other words, do we not slowly start taking 3 passages, then 4, etc?

Members don't see this ad.

I noticed he recommended taking 2 verbal passages a day, which is fine. However, it seems as if one week you're doing 2 passages per day, and then bam, you begin taking AAMC FLs, which have 7 passages. Is there no transition between the two? In other words, do we not slowly start taking 3 passages, then 4, etc?

The amount of passages in the 1/3s for the sciences are also not reflective of the actual exam, right? If you practice the proportions his schedule suggests under strict timing conditions followed the heavy post-game analysis, you'll get a feel for the rigor of the exam, type of passages, and questions stems, obtaining a good grasp of general trends. Additionally, the AAMCs will not provide your actual score, so they can be taken as practice for the real deal.

Moreover, if you want to add more passages because you have the resources and think you need it, that's a personal decision.

I think as long as you keep your passages under TIMED conditions you shouldn't have a problem.

Okay cool, thanks guys.

So no point in slowly increasing the amount of passages you take, right?

If you have EK verbal (not EK 101), it has three 30-minute mini tests (3 passages/21 questions). I think they are good practice.