SN2ED's method or TPR Hyperlearning Online Course

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GreenEyes09

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I will be taking a retake in January and wanted to know which route to take:

A. SN2ed's method with BR

Or

B. TPR Hyperlearning Online course

I took TPR's course previously but didn't study during it because of my school course load (I have graduated and will be doing MCAT full-time)

I have alllllll the books (TBR, TPR, EK, Kaplan)

What do you think??? :confused::eek::idea:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
So I will be taking a retake in January and wanted to know which route to take:

A. SN2ed's method with BR

Or

B. TPR Hyperlearning Online course

I took TPR's course previously but didn't study during it because of my school course load (I have graduated and will be doing MCAT full-time)

I have alllllll the books (TBR, TPR, EK, Kaplan)

What do you think??? :confused::eek::idea:

Shouldn't you be aware of what your problem is now and set a schedule according to your own needs????

Members don't see this ad :)
Just follow a schedule. ANY schedule (SN2ed, TPR, your own schedule...). That is the ONLY way to review for the MCAT. There is just so much information and so much distraction.

Studying is a lot easier when you can look at a schedule and say, "alright, today I have to read Chapter 4 of bio and do problems 45-87 out of the workbook".

SN2's schedule is great, and I'm sure TPRH is also great too. I only took a few glimpses at it, but it seemed pretty thorough.

I and many others prefer TBR because it has good content and also a lot of practice passages that capture the MCAT style pretty well. IMO I think TBR overdoes it a bit, which can be a good or a bad thing, since it can prepare you for the worst, but it can also take some adjusting to the AAMC FLs. I didn't find the transition to be a problem so far (done 2 AAMC FLs), but others may.
Also I feel like I'm covering all my bases since SN2's schedule uses a huge variety of books (EK 1001, EK 101, TBR, TPRH verbal workbook, EK BIO etc) and methods.

But in the end, it's all up to you. You probably can find a TPRH schedule somewhere, so look at it, and decide whether you like that or SN2's program better. Good luck.

I have looked at both. And even though I haven't started studying, TPR looks a lot more appealing. If you follow the class schedule (PM me for one). TPR is also known for some good overprep. It's not concise like EK, rather it touches up on everything in detail. And just something about it (prbly its ethos in the test prep market) makes you feel more "at-rest" psychologically. It sounds weird, but I look at it like this. If you were to buy a new laptop, offering 2 different ones at the same price with the same specs, would you take a Sony Vaio or a Toshiba? You would prbly take the more well-known brand. It just makes you feel better when studying, and it may help you not doubt yourself when you begin studying.

I have been researching what books to get for a while now, like you. I evaluated a lot of things, and I decided to just use TPR. This is just what I choose, but you can do whatever you want. But the general consensus on the forum is:

Kaplan: Stay away (however, they seem to have decent topical tests)

EK: If you are crunched on time, get this. But it is concise, which may or may not help. The Audio Osmosis is exclusive to them and nice if you are driving a lot and have time to listen.

TBR: Great for content review. Great depth, recommended by many, and is the content focal point of SN2ed's schedule.

TPR: My review of choice. Very neat and organized. They conduct a $2000 prep class using the same content books you can get from Amazon for $120. It just seems more trustworthy IMO. Plus seeing all those 36+ scores on the Study Habits thread from people using TPR is very reassuring.

But it all comes down to what is best for you and how serious you are going to be during study time. Content is only one part of studying for this exam. The most important thing is, and no one can stress this enough, is practice.

Just FYI this is what I got:

Content: TPR hyperlearning set, Using friend's old EK (Bio especially)
Practice: AAMC 3-11, 101 EK passages, might get the 1001 series from EK, have 3 Gold standard tests too

I heard TBR is really good at the Chem and physics, but I took those courses seriously in HS and college so my background is strong. Again, it's all about practice tests, go to the library and see what they have. That way you can use everyone's practice tests without paying.

Hope this helped! Good luck.