Sn2ed's schedule with a class manageable?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

genessis42

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I will be starting Sn2ed's routine, but I was wondering if it is a good idea to take a 2-3 credit class during the Summer with it?

I want to take Physical Chemistry or maybe Genetics because at our school, it covers the whole Gen Chem reqs an Genetics helps.

Would a science class be a good idea? Or will that MCAT routine take up my whole day anyways?

Members don't see this ad.

I wanted to take biochem while studying this summer but was advised by just about everyone not to do it. I haven't experienced it so I can't say what will or won't work for you for sure, but just make sure you can swing it beforehand because you don't want to risk something as important as the mcat just to get an extra class in. Good luck!

P.Chem is no joke. I've seen chemistry majors have to repeat this class. I wouldn't do it. The only way a class would be okay is if it was some fluff communications class or something like that.

Members don't see this ad :)
Take Genetics, it will help you on the MCAT.

An no it won't be a problem, one class is not that big o deal. People do the schedule while taking classes and working full time. Just got to adjust a tad.

Take genetics, you'll get the double benefit of it being a much much easier class than pchem while studying material that could show up on the mcat. I personally got 2 genetics questions that I wouldn't have been able to answer if I hadn't taken genetics prior

Our pchem class actually has an algebra-based one just for Premeds
Genetics or Biochem could be helpful and those classes are 3 credits each

I think its gonna be a brutal summer. I'll be studying for an A in a Science and studying for the MCAT at the same time

Our pchem class actually has an algebra-based one just for Premeds
Genetics or Biochem could be helpful and those classes are 3 credits each

I think its gonna be a brutal summer. I'll be studying for an A in a Science and studying for the MCAT at the same time
Trust me, don't do it. You want to do well on the MCAT. A class is just a class. The MCAT is 50% of your application.

I did his 3 month plan while taking Biochem, Genetics + lab, and 2 or 3 non-science courses. So it's definitely doable. HOWEVER, it's not really setting things up to succeed. I consider myself fortunate to have done well in both the classes and the MCAT. Things could have easily crashed and burned.