sn2ed's study guide success?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DamanTHFC

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi!

I am gonna do the 4 month version of this study prep approach.
But actually I have about 5 months till my retake.

So, first of all has anybody used this approach for 5 months?
If not,
I plan to just look over some content (from my kaplan course that I took the firrst time) and practice memorizing equations, etc.

Or does anybody suggest a better idea how to spend the first month if i do the 4 month study schedule?

Apart from this, I really couldnt find recent success stories of people using this apprach?
So, can people tell me what they thought about it? Any advices or suggestions?

BTW, I am in my gap year ... so I have nothing else to devote to, except the mcat

THANKS GUYS!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm doing it. I actually find his schedule a bit much since I'm rusty. I'm on day 12 and I'm just completing ch 1 of review. I have been doing a lot of passages and review though. Not so much ek 1001 but more of reviewing from different sources so I can answer, lets say, the harder passages of TBR.
Hopefully I can get done with content review in 3 months so I can have 2 months of practice test taking and review of it.

I used a modified 4ish month version of the schedule. I found the EK 1001 to be frustrating, so I stopped using it. I also did the first 1/3 of every TBR chapter untimed. I added random passages from the TPRH Science Workbook every day for my last month, and I also watched Chad's videos (super helpful).

My suggestion is either follow the 4 month schedule like normal starting now, and just add in more practice material for your last month, or to do a full content review using Chad's videos now, followed by the 4 month schedule.

And there is tons of talk about the effectiveness of the schedule. Search again.

Members don't see this ad :)
My first month (12 days in) and I'm already doing a full content review. Like I said, If you are rusty on certain subjects, you are gonna need the time because it's pretty tough to complete a chapter a day; (at least in my case) it takes me a day and a half usually.

I did this. I used the extra month between the regular SN2ed 3rd and 4th month, and spent it going through WikiPremed and doing EK1001's. Then back to the SN2 schedule with FLs for month 5. Worked great for me.