• AMA with Certified Student Loan Professional

Join SDN on December 7th at 6:00 PM Eastern as we host Andrew Paulson of StudentLoanAdvice.com for an AMA webinar. He'll be answering your questions about how to best manage your student loans. Register now!

Snail Mail is Making Me Lose Friends

yankeesmed

Jan 29, 2010
  1. Pre-Medical
    I don't want a bulky package that takes days to arrive and forces me to rush home every day after work, eschewing my social life, only to find that nothing has arrived.

A fortune cookie sized strip of paper with the word "accepted" is all I need. Preferably watermarked.

I wish someone would develop an electronic form of mailing so that this school would be able to communicate my acceptance quickly and directly to my smartphone or computer. If it were me, I would call it "E-mail."

courtnes

7+ Year Member
    Aug 16, 2010
    Stillers Country
    1. Fellow [Any Field]
      I wonder if my mother told me there was no mail today (for election day) so that I would stop pestering her just for one day about its contents. Of course, I haven't stressed about the mail today since I thought there was none coming today so her dastardly plan worked. Only now do I come to realize her information was incorrect. They only get normal federal holidays, not the crazy ones my dad gets working for the county.

About the Ads

yankeesmed

Jan 29, 2010
      1. Pre-Medical
        I didn't realize that there was a specific window of time during which your mail is available in your mailbox. :rolleyes:

But don't you know that an acceptance by mail is so much more triumphant if you personally intercept the mailman as he is entering your building, grab the package from his bin, and run in slow motion upstairs while tearing it open??

orthomyxo

10+ Year Member
        Aug 18, 2009
        1. Pre-Medical
          OK, I'm now officially requesting that mini letters be placed inside fortune cookies instead of envelopes. Even if you get rejected, you still have a cookie! BRILLIANT!

rhesuspieces

Sep 29, 2009
          Cleveland
          1. Medical Student
            But don't you know that an acceptance by mail is so much more triumphant if you personally intercept the mailman as he is entering your building, grab the package from his bin, and run in slow motion upstairs while tearing it open??

.....while the chariots of fire theme is playing in the background?

dun dun dun dun DUN dunnnnnnnnnnn......

ILikeDrugs

pre-attending
            10+ Year Member
            Jul 20, 2008
            L.A.
            1. Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
              What's wrong with you? Why do you do this? I don't think it makes a difference if you get your rejection letters right as they come or many hours later at 11PM when you come home non-rushed.

Playa

Removed
              Jul 15, 2010
                I don't want a bulky package that takes days to arrive and forces me to rush home every day after work, eschewing my social life, only to find that nothing has arrived.

A fortune cookie sized strip of paper with the word "accepted" is all I need. Preferably watermarked.

I wish someone would develop an electronic form of mailing so that this school would be able to communicate my acceptance quickly and directly to my smartphone or computer. If it were me, I would call it "E-mail."

Why don't you call your schools and tell them this? Im sure they will be very understanding and speed along the process for ya champ.

About the Ads
                This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
                2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
                5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
                6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                7. This thread is locked.