Jan 29, 2010
Status
Pre-Medical
I don't want a bulky package that takes days to arrive and forces me to rush home every day after work, eschewing my social life, only to find that nothing has arrived.

A fortune cookie sized strip of paper with the word "accepted" is all I need. Preferably watermarked.

I wish someone would develop an electronic form of mailing so that this school would be able to communicate my acceptance quickly and directly to my smartphone or computer. If it were me, I would call it "E-mail."

courtnes

ASA Member
7+ Year Member
Aug 16, 2010
Stillers Country
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I wonder if my mother told me there was no mail today (for election day) so that I would stop pestering her just for one day about its contents. Of course, I haven't stressed about the mail today since I thought there was none coming today so her dastardly plan worked. Only now do I come to realize her information was incorrect. They only get normal federal holidays, not the crazy ones my dad gets working for the county.

OP
Y
Jan 29, 2010
Status
Pre-Medical
I didn't realize that there was a specific window of time during which your mail is available in your mailbox. :rolleyes:
But don't you know that an acceptance by mail is so much more triumphant if you personally intercept the mailman as he is entering your building, grab the package from his bin, and run in slow motion upstairs while tearing it open??

MilkmanAl

Al the Ass Mod
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 23, 2008
Kansas City, MO
www.facebook.com
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I mean, you could always just not be ridiculously neurotic about checking your mail, like others have suggested. This one's on you, man.

orthomyxo

SDN Bronze Donor
Bronze Donor
7+ Year Member
Aug 18, 2009
Status
Pre-Medical
OK, I'm now officially requesting that mini letters be placed inside fortune cookies instead of envelopes. Even if you get rejected, you still have a cookie! BRILLIANT!

rafflecopter

MS-0
10+ Year Member
Oct 18, 2008
Status
Pre-Medical
OK, I'm now officially requesting that mini letters be placed inside fortune cookies instead of envelopes. Even if you get rejected, you still have a cookie! BRILLIANT!
I think if they did that they might have too many rejection cookie related choking deaths.

morning

butane in my veins
Feb 6, 2010
Status
Pre-Medical
I wish someone would develop an electronic form of mailing so that this school would be able to communicate my acceptance quickly and directly to my smartphone or computer. If it were me, I would call it "E-mail."

:laugh:

Sep 29, 2009
Cleveland
Status
Medical Student
But don't you know that an acceptance by mail is so much more triumphant if you personally intercept the mailman as he is entering your building, grab the package from his bin, and run in slow motion upstairs while tearing it open??
.....while the chariots of fire theme is playing in the background?

dun dun dun dun DUN dunnnnnnnnnnn......

ILikeDrugs

pre-attending
10+ Year Member
Jul 19, 2008
L.A.
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
What's wrong with you? Why do you do this? I don't think it makes a difference if you get your rejection letters right as they come or many hours later at 11PM when you come home non-rushed.

Playa

Removed
Jul 15, 2010
Status
I don't want a bulky package that takes days to arrive and forces me to rush home every day after work, eschewing my social life, only to find that nothing has arrived.

A fortune cookie sized strip of paper with the word "accepted" is all I need. Preferably watermarked.

Why don't you call your schools and tell them this? Im sure they will be very understanding and speed along the process for ya champ.