1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

snakes on a plane

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by suckermc, Aug 8, 2006.

1. suckermc

suckermc Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    wtf, i have no idea what to do now.

i took some advice and stopped taking 2 tests every weekend. then i took 9 with a whopping....24!

wtf! i went down from a 11 to a 9 in verbal, went up in PS , thought i did way better in bio (my weakness, go figure) but no. w....t.....f.

i didnt take in april, tho i felt more prepared. now im worried if i delay its gonna suck taking classes. i wont have that much time. and its on the cbt, which i am not used to.

(add to that all the other "im so great" peeps in my lab who took it in april beeming like ..i dunno...samuel l jackson and im here, sitting like the ultimate loser. i hate people.)

whatever. what would you do? i started with tpr D (18 -19) then amcas 5 (22) 6 (23 ) 7 (25) then 9 (24) ...i see my problem is fatigue during verbal, panic during ps ( i know its a thinking test. but doesnt anyone kinda feel mechanical during PS? racing to apply a formula..)and all the mistakes i make are stupid. i get all the questions rite that are from the passage. i can get half rite on straight up problems, only because i get to those last. but then there is always one or two passages i get stuck on.

bio its orgo (which i have no idea which reactions to really know. aldols/ enolates? any suggestions?) and the bio passages ..i find myself fighting with myself. "no it can't be this" etc. i always think my first guess is wrong.

so..take it next week or wait till january? how much can i improve over 1 week, and how much could i really improve 5 months--when i have been practicing paper based so long?

jeeze, i feel like a girl analyzing a relationship or something. come on guys, yr honest opinion.

thanks .

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.