1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

snakes on a plane

Discussion in 'MCAT: Medical College Admissions Test' started by suckermc, Aug 8, 2006.

1. suckermc

suckermc Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    wtf, i have no idea what to do now.

i took some advice and stopped taking 2 tests every weekend. then i took 9 with a whopping....24!

wtf! i went down from a 11 to a 9 in verbal, went up in PS , thought i did way better in bio (my weakness, go figure) but no. w....t.....f.

i didnt take in april, tho i felt more prepared. now im worried if i delay its gonna suck taking classes. i wont have that much time. and its on the cbt, which i am not used to.

(add to that all the other "im so great" peeps in my lab who took it in april beeming like ..i dunno...samuel l jackson and im here, sitting like the ultimate loser. i hate people.)

whatever. what would you do? i started with tpr D (18 -19) then amcas 5 (22) 6 (23 ) 7 (25) then 9 (24) ...i see my problem is fatigue during verbal, panic during ps ( i know its a thinking test. but doesnt anyone kinda feel mechanical during PS? racing to apply a formula..)and all the mistakes i make are stupid. i get all the questions rite that are from the passage. i can get half rite on straight up problems, only because i get to those last. but then there is always one or two passages i get stuck on.

bio its orgo (which i have no idea which reactions to really know. aldols/ enolates? any suggestions?) and the bio passages ..i find myself fighting with myself. "no it can't be this" etc. i always think my first guess is wrong.

so..take it next week or wait till january? how much can i improve over 1 week, and how much could i really improve 5 months--when i have been practicing paper based so long?

jeeze, i feel like a girl analyzing a relationship or something. come on guys, yr honest opinion.

thanks .

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.