Sneak Preview of Anatomy In Motion - Myology app for iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mografi

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

My brother is currently a medical student and suggested I post here.
My name is Joe Russ, I am an artist and designer in Brooklyn, NY, and my fiance is a licensed massage therapist. I wanted to share with you guys the myology app we've been working on for over a year now.

Anatomy In Motion - Complete Muscle Flashcards - will be available next week, by the 18th of January for the iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad.

We've worked really hard to make Anatomy In Motion the best medical reference and study aid for the musculature system, and we hope you find it useful. The test questions are board level quality.

TRY IT OUT
We are giving away free codes for the complete version of Anatomy In Motion on Facebook, but I also wanted to give away a few codes on here for you guys to check out the app.

So please reply to the post with your favorite anatomical term and I will pick a winner (at random) each day for the next 5 days to receive a free code for Anatomy In Motion - Complete.

Later this week, another version of Anatomy In Motion featuring the anterior and posterior shoulder muscles will also be available for those who want to dip their toes in the water before going for a swim.

For more information, visit the website, or the Facebook page (where we are giving away more free codes).

Members don't see this ad.

Looks like you might be the big winner if nobody else is game.

Greater trochanter always sounded funny to me....and a great band name, hah.

Members don't see this ad :)
the only non-articulating bone in the body...Hyoid! also sounds like something you say after a bad joke! hahaha

Looks like we have a winner for Monday - PALPIE!

I hope you find the app useful!

If the response rate stays like this, the chances of winning will be quite high, hah.

Parathyroid

the size of rice but oh so powerful!

Humerus - sure it's something we learn by the time we're ten but it really is my favourite bone. Reminds me of it every time I get the 'electric shock' by accidentally banging it.

Is the electric shock you're referring to that awful feeling I get when I whack my elbow into something hard?

Looks like we've got another winner!

Keep em coming guys, c'moonnnnn

Buccinator always makes me laugh, no matter how you pronounce it, it's a funny one.

Well then, by default it looks like Leebo is the big winner for yesterday!

Alright, no winners yesterday...today's the last giveaway.

Again, just leave a favorite funny anatomy term for a chance to win a free copy of anatomy in motion (worth $25).

I'm currently working on native universal iPad support, which will be a free upgrade for current customers, but the price of the app will increase slightly with this update. So now is a good time to get it for free, or for a bit of a discount.

Thanks guys!

whoa fitzgerald, that's pretty awesome and crazy, had to look it up it sounded so crazy.

Alright, we've got a final winner, I hope everyone enjoys Anatomy In Motion!

The Shoulder muscles only version should hopefully be available this week - when it is I will give away more Free codes.

I'm also working on an update that adds universal iPad support and notes. When I release that I'll do another round of free codes if anyone is interested.

I'm also working on a completely 3D version of the app that allows you to view structures from all angles. Let me know if you are interested in this idea, and thanks guys!

Hi guys,
Yesterday I purchased this app. I was very excited because I needed something like that to put in my Ipod instead of carrying real flash cards in my pockets. Also it is created by Swedish Institute graduate (am I right?) where I am a student now. I love the way the muscles pop up, the way actions are shown and the entire conception. The quizzes are also great idea.
Today I played with the app for a while. I went thru the leg muscles very fast and thru the section quiz as well. Here are my disappointments:
When you go to do a quiz there is no count how many questions left so you keep going with no idea when to stop. It is OK but still not the best. There is no previous question option. It is OK too but not the best as well.
I had a feeling that same question appears too soon again. (not sure about that, I was in the subway)
Some of the answers are doubled I mean, example: a&b state same thing.
Some of the "correct answers" are not correct. I know different authors like different things, but here the mistakes are obvious. Ex: What joint does Flexor Hallicus Longus act on? Answer: ankle and metatarsals Actually it is ankle, intertarsal, all joints of the Great toe(Hallicus)
Some of the O&I are are not right as well.
TFL- Origin: it says AIS. It is actually ASIS
Adductor Brevis Insertion: inferior ramus of pubis. The right insertion is proximal linea aspera.
Peroneus Longus insertion on the card is dorsal surface of 5th metatarsal. Actually it is the lateral side of the base of the first metatarsal bone and the lateral side of the medial cuneiform.

I love the way the app is created but you should've revise it before publishing. Now for me it is waste of $$ and time. It is confusing for anatomy beginners.