SNMMI Image of the Year - COVID-19

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nikolaite

Lifetime Donor
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I saw within the last couple of days that an image series from U of Freiburg got the SNMMI Image of the Year award. The images were from FDG-PET scans conducted on fifteen hospitalized COVID patients. The pts reportedly complained of cognitive decline so the fifteen were scanned during the course of the disease and then eight pts six months after COVID recovery.

My interest in this is the comment made by the lead researcher in the U of Freiburg study: “As the SARS-CoV-2 pandemic proceeds, it has become increasingly clear that neurocognitive long-term consequences occur not only in severe COVID-19 cases, but in mild and moderate cases as well.” (Ganna Blazhenets, PhD)

Is anyone scanning patients with mild to moderate COVID histories to qualify COVID-19 related spatial covariance patterns at different intervals?

Members don't see this ad.

For your question, it is best to try the SNMMI website. I don't remember what is called, I think it is called SNMMI connect or SNMMI communities and you have to be member to have access. There you communicate with various nuclear medicine departments on variety of topics related to nuclear medicine. I hope this helps.

Reactions: 1 user
For your question, it is best to try the SNMMI website. I don't remember what is called, I think it is called SNMMI connect or SNMMI communities and you have to be member to have access. There you communicate with various nuclear medicine departments on variety of topics related to nuclear medicine. I hope this helps.
Thank you!