Snooooowwwwwwww!!!!!!!!1

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by ComplexPuzzle, Dec 5, 2002.

1. ComplexPuzzle

ComplexPuzzle shakin dat a**
    7+ Year Member

can i just say that i hate the snow. i f-in live 45 miles away from work and there is no way i am driving in this. why do i feel as if the highway administration was caught off guard. could it be that even major highways and roads aren't plowed. this blows. trapped in my house all day with no cable yet (just moved) and no movies to speak of. what the hell am i supposed to do. POKE MY EYE OUT well that is a good idea.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Zoobaby

Zoobaby Monkey Wrench
    7+ Year Member

Hey, we had the same thing up here a few days ago. There are still about 8 inches on the ground. DC doesn't have much in the way of now removal equipment, do they? We're used to it up here, I guess. The plows/salt trucks were out with the first flake.

Even up here, tho, people forget how to drive the first time it snows. I love it when some idiot in a SUV thinks he can go 50 on a sheet of ice just because he has 4 wheel drive. I'd love just once to see the expression on one of those clown's faces when they hit the breaks and remember "oh yeah, 4 wheel drive does nothing for stopping distance."

4. GoodMonkey

GoodMonkey sproutmobile
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    snow! !

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

(i really love winter) i was a big psycho and went running in the snow after work the other day bundled up for the 5F weather. :D altho driving in it sucks the big toe. good thing i live close to where i work and can take public trans if need be. :)

5. ziadp

ziadp Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I agree, i love snow....

But, perhaps, that is because of live on the coast in Texas, we dont get that much snow....

But, here is my smart a** reply......dont live so far away from work....... j/k

have a great day! and be careful out there, bad storm up north.

6. TeinVI

TeinVI Membership Revoked
    Removed

it's snowing here in ny as well...damn i hear it'll be 6-8 inches when all's said and done

7. Perseverant 1

Perseverant 1 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

it's been snowing in central jersey for a few hours...so far we seen a couple of inches (maybe 2). No end in sight. Wish i was in Vermont skiing!

8. Zoobaby

Zoobaby Monkey Wrench
    7+ Year Member

Amen to that

9. Indy

Indy Member
    7+ Year Member

i was up at killington last weekend and jeeebus it was cold.

it was snowing so much at the peak you couldn't see the trail signs. it was funny to see little kids accidentally flying towards the double diamonds with no idea of what was in store for them around the bend

but the trees were beautiful at the top, like some kind of ice palace frozen in time

10. UCLAMAN

UCLAMAN Air Jordan Collector
    7+ Year Member

Ahhh....thank God for California:D

11. Perseverant 1

Perseverant 1 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hey Indy-
    I was up in Stowe this past weekend. conditions were great there also! It is too bad this storm isn't going to make it's way up there. It would have been sweet. I could handle the 7 hour drive again!:D

12. Bmblee888

Bmblee888 Member
    7+ Year Member

Snow? What's that? Oh yeah, I think I saw it once on TV. :D

13. S.c. Cdc28p

S.c. Cdc28p Member
    7+ Year Member

<i>Winter Weather Advisory Until Midnight EST Friday Morning...

Steady Snow Will Overspread South Central And Eastern Massachusetts This Afternoon And Continue Through This Evening. </i>

Nice weather to stay inside and study for my biochem final. And when you're not studying, nothing beats cuddling in bed while it's snowing outside...

14. exigente chica

7+ Year Member

No snow for me..la la lallllaaa:laugh:

15. siempre595

7+ Year Member

Hey, I spent many many extra hours in airports this week due to the Chicago snow mess. I also walked about a mile in it, with my suitcase, in my interview clothes, and may i say, i was walking the wrong direction for most of the journey. Then I got home and my car was covered with snow. I'm starting to wonder why I didn't apply to the caribbean schools.

16. Yogi Bear

Yogi Bear 2K Member
    7+ Year Member

this snow storm's delaying my mail from schools on the east coast! +pissed+ i ended up getting not a single piece of mail today...not even junk mail.

17. omores

omores sleep deprived
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Well at least y'all have power. And phone service. And heat. And internet access. I ventured out of my very chilly abode this morning to find a working computer so I could check my e-mail. Now I'm just hanging out because it's so nice and warm in this place and I can't bear the though of returning to my frozen home quite yet.

They're estimating we might have heat, electricity and phone service in 7 days or so, and I just found out that it's going to be 15 degrees tonight. Yikes!

:scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:

18. Neuronix

Neuronix Total nerd
    Administrator Physician PhD Faculty SDN Advisor 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    10 inches here in northern Delaware. Took me 1 1/2 hours to get to work yesterday instead of 30 minutes. Had something to do with cars going around in little circles and crashing into each other on I-95. gg Delaware Turnpike... All that toll money and you STILL can't keep up.

19. I love snow after not seeing much for nearly 2 years (1 of those years here in Boston and the other in Maryland)! But I am glad I don't have to drive; people up here don't know how to drive (then again neither do people in Maryland). On Wednesday night, there was no snow predicted to hit Boston (or at least not more than an inch or two). Last night at 11 pm, the newscasters told us that the snow had "been tapering off for a while). And this morning when I talked to my mom at 9:30 am she told me to be prepared before I left b/c it was STILL snowing outside! gotta love the media.. so is it still snowing in Boston, anyone? I'm at school and haven't been outside since 11:25 am (at which time it was snowing).

20. Blazed

Blazed Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Snow is a beautiful thing. I have only one thing to say, "It's Snowboarding time baby"!!!!!!!!!!

21. Dr Sum Day

Dr Sum Day SDN Lifetime Donor
    Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 15+ Year Member

Non-Student
    I miss the snow.

22. Saluki

Saluki 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

I went to high school in Wisconsin, and I miss the snow too. We had a snowfall in Arkansas yesterday and all the Southern people were excited. But for me seeing snow that didn't even completely cover up the grass made me feel so homesick...

23. omores

omores sleep deprived
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Still no power and no phone -- so no light or heat. Good thing the hospital is so warm and bright.

24. kaos

kaos Web Crawler
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Screw snow and ice rain. I hate the cold. I'm gonna make sure when I do my residency, I'll move somewhere where there's a warmer climate with a shorter winter. This is the second week in a row I had to miss work because of slippery roads, and I haven't been to work in a month because of snow or holidays or exams. :mad: On top of that, I left a reaction running in the chem lab at my school and was gonna go in this morning to finish it, but NO, it had to sleet over the roads, and I couldn't do it! :mad: Now I have to do it tomorrow! GRARAAAHHH!!! +pissed+

At least I have my nice new shearling coat that I wanted so much!

25. Sweet Tea

Sweet Tea Girl Next Door
    Physician 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    osmores-- i live in durham too, and we still don't have power or water (we're on a well). we do our phone back now, which really doesn't mean much b/c with the house hovering at a balmy 40 degrees, i haven't been spending much quality time there.

26. williestyle81

williestyle81 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

hey kaos,
    isn't it supposed to snow and sleet all through the night and into tomorrow morn? well, i think it may here in the northeast:(

-emw