Snow/winter weather around WVSOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FutureDocDO

1K Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What is the weather like during the winter months in the WVSOM area? How much snow does the town get? What is the temperature like? Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

FutureDocDO said:
What is the weather like during the winter months in the WVSOM area? How much snow does the town get? What is the temperature like? Thank you.

I have an Uncle from VA, near WV and he said the weather is not even close to the weather in the Midwest. He said the winter is mild and if it does snow a little (relative to what we are used to in the Midwest) things close down. He also said that it drops 35-40ish on average in the winter months. Reason I asked him is because I've applied to VCOM.

Raven Feather said:
I have an Uncle from VA, near WV and he said the weather is not even close to the weather in the Midwest. He said the winter is mild and if it does snow a little (relative to what we are used to in the Midwest) things close down. He also said that it drops 35-40ish on average in the winter months. Reason I asked him is because I've applied to VCOM.
That might be true for VA since it is near the ocean but WV is a little further inland. But if that is true that would be a wonderful change! :) Thanks for a the info.

Members don't see this ad :)
FutureDocDO said:
That might be true for VA since it is near the ocean but WV is a little further inland. But if that is true that would be a wonderful change! :) Thanks for a the info.

The region I am referring to is more inland, closer to WV, not on the coast. ;)

I have been told that Lewisburg is a much milder winter than the midwest. The amount of snow each year varries a lot though. I know I came last March in a snow storm but I was told that the snow then may or may not be normal. Apparently there is a lot of variation from year to year.

For me I just know that it will be colder and snowier than in south Texas.

How about humidity level? Is there a lot of moisture in the air especially in the winter? My skin gets all dry and itchy in the winter. I like snow and all but my skin tells me it doesn't :).

Raven Feather said:
The region I am referring to is more inland, closer to WV, not on the coast. ;)
:) Thanks for the clarification!