So 30 is the magical number?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fahimaz7

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Before reading SDN I figured the scores were relative. HOwever, I'm now getting the impression that 30 is the score that makes or breaks a person's chance. What's so magicla about this number?

Scott

Members don't see this ad.

It's the average matriculating score (nation wide) to med school.

Members don't see this ad :)
I believe the national mean is 29 to be a matriculant.

Be like me, get a 29 :D

Nah shoot higher than that, pretty much a 30 is right over the hill so it should definitely get you in (as long as you apply to 30+ schools).

I was told by one school that if you have a 30 or better, your application goes in one pile, anything below a 30 goes into another pile.

Now, in the 30 or better pile, more people are accepted than rejected. In the under-30 pile, more people are rejected than accepted.

what school is this?

ASDIC said:
I was told by one school that if you have a 30 or better, your application goes in one pile, anything below a 30 goes into another pile.

Now, in the 30 or better pile, more people are accepted than rejected. In the under-30 pile, more people are rejected than accepted.

Its true for the early interviews at many schools. MSUCHM and Wayne State for one. Also, UMich.

Can you tell I'm a Michigan resident? :p