rachmoninov3

10+ Year Member
Dec 15, 2004
Status
Attending Physician
T-minus 366 days and counting...

I understand the fear. In fact, I had one of the "life is good" moments this morning when I was sent away from the hospital insanely early...early enough for a run at the river on a beautiful spring day. It was one of those once in third year moments that I'll probably long for when I'm a resident. I know I should enjoy this while it lasts but...

After the match:
I finally get to be employed full time again.
I will know if I'm spending 1, 3 or no more years in this stupid city.
My life won't be on hold when it comes to things like buying a house, my husband's education, etc.
I have the chance to get out of this city and go back to the mountains...!

Come on Deferoximine, you have to be just a little bit excited about interviewing this fall and matching and GRADUATING!!! Sure there's lots of anxiety and for good reason, but at least it's positive anxiety!

BTW, What are you wanting to match into?

Deferoxamine

Non-smoking
7+ Year Member
May 7, 2009
USA
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Relax, it was a figure of speech. :laugh:

Yes, of course I am optimistic about the future and all that stuff. Secondly, I pretty much LOVE 3rd year (I guess that makes me some sort of weirdo, but watevz). But your whole comment about going on a run on a nice spring day... yeah. That. Now that I've begun to realize what residency is going to be like, can't help but wonder: What else will I miss out on in the coming years?

I think the main dilemma for the time being (and the underlying reason for this thread's existence) is: wow, I have a ton of choices to make between now and one year from now.

Disinence2

Emergency Medicine
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Aug 11, 2006
Status
Attending Physician
Lots of big decisions this year....

MossPoh

Textures intrigue me
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 24, 2006
Tally/Willkillya County
psu.facebook.com
Status
Medical Student
Relax, it was a figure of speech. :laugh:

Yes, of course I am optimistic about the future and all that stuff. Secondly, I pretty much LOVE 3rd year (I guess that makes me some sort of weirdo, but watevz). But your whole comment about going on a run on a nice spring day... yeah. That. Now that I've begun to realize what residency is going to be like, can't help but wonder: What else will I miss out on in the coming years?

I think the main dilemma for the time being (and the underlying reason for this thread's existence) is: wow, I have a ton of choices to make between now and one year from now.
I don't think loving third year makes you a weirdo. Just like a lot of things, it is all about the viewpoint you go into it with and your personality. It also doesn't mean it isn't hard work. Hard work doesn't seem quite so hard if you enjoy what you're doing. If anything, I'd take that as a very mild indicator that you picked the right path. ;)

And yes, you do have a ton of decisions to make. No pressure. :p

Nikki2002

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 16, 2005
Status
Medical Student
loving 2nd year would def make you a big weirdo.

:p