Ondansetrony

2+ Year Member
Oct 6, 2016
Status
Pre-Pharmacy, Medical Student
I know there are many threads like this one...long time lurker here...
I took the CS in Philly and I felt ok-ish for about 1 minute after the exam, and then I realized:
-legit messed up diagnoses in 2 cases
-did not close one case
-many PE omissions
-i can't for sure remember but i think i forgot to write the work-up in the pediatric case, although i had time and talked to the mother about the tests needed...again, not 100% sure but i think i didn't scroll down for it, just a mess-up on my part
-differentials kind of iffy on a few cases.
BUT I was nice, showed empathy, washed hands, remembered names :))

Honestly looking for reassurance or something, I'm a foreign student and don't know anyone who has taken this exam. I passed all the other steps, again, not really knowing what i was going into. Thanks in advance, guys!

Eithz H

5+ Year Member
Apr 29, 2014
Status
Medical Student
I take Step II CS on Wednesday and from what I've been reading as long as you were nice, showed empathy, washed hands, etc you'll be fine. The whole point of the exam is for students to demonstrate they can be "empathetic" and complete a rudimentary H&P. I have a few classmates who said they completely messed up the notes/diagnosis and they still passed.

Reactions: corinao

AshNiffler

2+ Year Member
Apr 30, 2015
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I know there are many threads like this one...long time lurker here...
I took the CS in Philly and I felt ok-ish for about 1 minute after the exam, and then I realized:
-legit messed up diagnoses in 2 cases
-did not close one case
-many PE omissions
-i can't for sure remember but i think i forgot to write the work-up in the pediatric case, although i had time and talked to the mother about the tests needed...again, not 100% sure but i think i didn't scroll down for it, just a mess-up on my part
-differentials kind of iffy on a few cases.
BUT I was nice, showed empathy, washed hands, remembered names :))

Honestly looking for reassurance or something, I'm a foreign student and don't know anyone who has taken this exam. I passed all the other steps, again, not really knowing what i was going into. Thanks in advance, guys!
My exam was on Wednesday, I was calm enough while doing the exam but I flipped out immediately afterwards. I didn’t councel 1-2 patients. I didn’t have enough time to type the fhx and shx for a couple patients. I didn’t remember the age of one pt and completely forgot it was on the computer. For 11/12 patients though I feel like I had the right dx but who knows. The other test takers were mostly US students and were out the room in like 5-10 minutes and I was almost always the last person to finish the patient interaction part so I definitely had some anxiety about that. Long story short, I panicked but now I’m pretty sure I at least passed. Well it’s done it’s over, I feel so drained but thank the Lord it’s over and all I have to do to is get interviews graduate and finish fourth year rotations. Good luck!!

About the Ads
Sep 18, 2017
Are you supposed to wash hands at the end of the encounter? I only did it once before physical because USMLE FA did not have a second checklist for washing before exiting the room.

corinao

5+ Year Member
Dec 2, 2010
Status
Medical Student
I take Step II CS on Wednesday and from what I've been reading as long as you were nice, showed empathy, washed hands, etc you'll be fine. The whole point of the exam is for students to demonstrate they can be "empathetic" and complete a rudimentary H&P. I have a few classmates who said they completely messed up the notes/diagnosis and they still passed.

OP
O

Ondansetrony

2+ Year Member
Oct 6, 2016
Status
Pre-Pharmacy, Medical Student
Um, are you supposed to wipe your stethoscope? I had a freak out session today and read through a dozen step 2cs experiences. I didn't do that, I just warmed it in my hand...

About the Ads