So.. any SDN cats ever come across each other in real life planned or not?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For some reason, one of the things I remember hearing from Palin that really sticks out to me was in an interview with Charlie Gibson. Palin said she believes abortion is wrong in all cases -- specifically including cases of incest and rape. She really hammered it home, too. I feel like a majority of the country probably wouldn't agree with her on those particular points (I might be wrong).

Although I'm sure rape and incest aren't the most common reasons that women get abortions, I just have a hard time understanding how Palin could ban abortion for a 13-year-old girl who got pregnant because her father raped her. To me, it's almost inhuman to deny that girl the right to an abortion.

But Palin's probably out of the spotlight for a while, I guess.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
For some reason, one of the things I remember hearing from Palin that really sticks out to me was in an interview with Charlie Gibson. Palin said she believes abortion is wrong in all cases -- specifically including cases of incest and rape. She really hammered it home, too. I feel like a majority of the country probably wouldn't agree with her on those particular points (I might be wrong).

Although I'm sure rape and incest aren't the most common reasons that women get abortions, I just have a hard time understanding how Palin could ban abortion for a 13-year-old girl who got pregnant because her father raped her. To me, it's almost inhuman to deny that girl the right to an abortion.

But Palin's probably out of the spotlight for a while, I guess.

But in her defense (and I hate doing this), didn't she say that, while she personally holds that position on abortion, she wouldn't necessarily want the government to enforce those sorts of policies?

I was called out by a fellow interviewer once. It was our second interview together at two different schools. It was chill. He's a nice guy.

Might you be speaking of me? Have a good new year bud.

I've actually ran into four people i either knew or met on SDN. It seems like at the big state schools the first 20 minutes waiting around focused on trying to figure out who knows who or went to high school with who, ect... At the state schools you start to recognize the same faces over and over after a while.

But in her defense (and I hate doing this), didn't she say that, while she personally holds that position on abortion, she wouldn't necessarily want the government to enforce those sorts of policies?

Oh maybe...I don't know. Sounds like hair-splitting to me.

"I believe that the divine God has decreed that abortion is wrong in all circumstances...but you know, whatever the people decide is ok with me."

I dunno, you might be right. I have no idea.

Yeah but remember she's also a politician and therefore her word is just about as dependable as Ms. Cleo's crystal ball. :smuggrin:

Funny that this thread came up. While checking Facebook early in the morning, I was going through a friend's pics and lo and behold I saw a face that looked familiar.

It was flaahless from SDN! He was quite popular in this subforum until trolls drove him away, I think.

Disclaimer: I am pretty ambivalent about the abortion debate, but I tend to lean towards pro-choice.

Heh I don't mean to spark an annoying debate here, but I have never understood people who are opposed to abortion EXCEPT in the case of incest or rape. If you oppose abortion because you say it is "murder" of the child why does it matter how the child was conceived? Are the sins of the father the sins of the child? I feel if you oppose abortion, you need to oppose it unconditionally if you really believe the arguments against abortion.
-Roy

Edit: Heh sorry I didn't mean to derail this thread, I have heard people talking about SDN at interviews but I usually don't pipe in. I would definitely like to meet some SDNers tho they seem like a good bunch for the most part.

Last edited:
"I have a different stance on abortion: I'm against abortion, but for killing babies. That way everyone loses, and I win. I'm neither pro choice, nor pro life; I'm pro you-shutting-the-hell-up. The only way I'd be "pro choice" is if it meant I could choose which babies I could abort, and only then if I could lift the age restriction to 80. I was at this mall the other day watching some ****ty documentary when I came out of the theater and saw old people dancing to country music in the courtyard. I couldn't remember the last time I saw a group of people begging this hard to be aborted."
- maddox