So apparently only younger girls like dating med students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reaches for the cane to pull pennybridge off the stage.

on topic:

i'm sure it goes without saying, but if I was a younger chick, I would totally date me. :cool: :laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

Call me crazy... but my ex was 8 years older than me.

My fiancee is 6 years older than me.

Quite frankly, the grass is greener on MY side of the fence. :D :cool:

yeah but the other side of the fence has NO GRASS :smuggrin:

bah - ZING!!

Well med students aren't supposed to be old. When you're old you should already have your skill set down and ready to go on to the next phase of your life.

Don't let the non-trads hear you say that. I made that mistake last week.

I tell you, the elderly can get really worked up sometimes . . . :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Well med students aren't supposed to be old. When you're old you already have your skill set down and ready to go on to the next phase of your life.

Is that what they told you at school? Keep watchin the sun rise honey.

I'm almost 29 & taking the MCAT this summer. This girl is 31. We've seen each other on and off since December, but she said she won't let herself get into a serious relationship w/ me b/c she wants to be married w/ kids w/in a couple years, and a med student can't give her that. Its kind of a moot point, b/c she just moved 300 mi away and she pretty much hates me now anyway (are there genes for hypocritical and irrational somewhere on that 2nd X chromosome, ladies?), but I was just wondering if anyone had a similar experience. I assume this happens much more to older med students, b/c the younger girls I've dated seemed to be all about dating a med student.

Hello, the girl is 31 years old. And I'm sure you know(as any premed does) that after 35 the chances of a women giving birth to children having genetic disorders increases exponentially. So her biological clock is literally ticking and she doesn't have time to waste.

And to top it off you're not even in medical school. You're just applying to medical school. You have this year plus four more years before you'll even have an MD after your name. Then there's residency which is a minimum of three years after medical school. So basically you have eight years before you'll even have a decent income. By that time this woman will be 39!

If you ask me, you're being irrational.

And to top it off you're not even in medical school. You're just applying to medical school. You have this year plus four more years before you'll even have an MD after your name. Then there's residency which is a minimum of three years after medical school. So basically you have eight years before you'll even have a decent income. By that time this woman will be 39!

God forbid she actually had to get a job.

Well med students aren't supposed to be old. When you're old you should already have your skill set down and ready to go on to the next phase of your life.

That's not exactly how life works. There is no right order of stages of living to go through... it's a farce. There are people who get divorced at 30 and go back into a I don't want kids I just want to mess around and date phase. Few people go through the "normal" from 20-25 I'll do this and from 25-30 I'll be this and from 30-35 I'll have this....

God forbid she actually had to get a job.

She probably has a job already if she's 31. And even if she has a job who volunteers to become a parent living on one income? A lot of people do it, many by choice, but it's not easy as it sounds.

Well OP i don't want to hurt your feelings, but maybe you are just not her type (regardless of age, etc). A lot of us females have a hard time letting someone down, and don't like to hurt feelings, therefore we find "reasons" to tell the other person, so we don't hurt them. In any case good luck, there is someone else out there:luck:

That's not exactly how life works. There is no right order of stages of living to go through... it's a farce. There are people who get divorced at 30 and go back into a I don't want kids I just want to mess around and date phase. Few people go through the "normal" from 20-25 I'll do this and from 25-30 I'll be this and from 30-35 I'll have this....

I was talking about regular people, not weirdoes who will never be proper marriage candidates.

I was talking about regular people, not weirdoes who will never be proper marriage candidates.

Oh my god...girl...you so got her. Snizzap! Like anybody should get married after 25.....as if. We so need to text each other. Tootles. UR, BFF!

Oh my god...girl...you so got her. Snizzap! Like anybody should get married after 25.....as if. We so need to text each other. Tootles. UR, BFF!

:thumbup: Dude, I feel like I've known you all my life. We're you my obstetrician?

Members don't see this ad :)
Beater: 1

May you be blessed with a patient, dutiful husband who has his complete, permanent skill set in order in a timely fashion so as to please you and your mother and yet may he, god willing, be blessed with ears impervious to your impetuous tongue lashings.

Good luck on your maiden voyage oh fair one of untamable wit.

So this thread is now about a battle of wits. Am I at a freestyle rap concert?

If so:
Yo my name is Cirrus and I'm here to say
This witch dumped my boy rpost3 the other day
He might be down now but he'll be okay
'cuz SDN's gon git him on his way
To being a fly doctor gettin' constantly laid
(think Fresh Prince of Bel Air theme song for a sense of the rhythm here)
FO REAL.

I guess maybe she knows you'll be too busy to really be able to have kids soon and she probably wants kids asap.

But anyways, personally I am somewhat repulsed by the younger women nowadays :( Or rather, it seems like every girl I meet that's younger than me still thinks binge drinking and puking everywhere is some sort of requirement of life, and to be honest it's just not that cool when you puke at my apartment. Physically though, the 20 and 21 year olds are just fine by me :p

In all seriousness though, I dunno if I could deal with someone being way more immature than me, and even though I'm not that much older than a 21 year old it still feels like I've matured a heck of a lot in those 2-3 years lol.

She'll probably end up regretting dumping you anyways rpost, it's not really that easy to just find someone and have kids ASAP when you're 31 anyway (unless she is unbelievably hot, in which case umm...yeah)

Now this 24 year old I've been seeing...she's cool. We've known each other for a few years. She even brought me a new "LIVESTRONG" bracelet since she accidentally broke mine in '04. She doesn't care that I'll be going to med school @ 30, she's nice, and her name is Summer. How cool is that? I'm dating a 'Summer.' Sweet Jesus, her name is actually Summer. I love that.

Last edited:
Men are capable of this, too, my friend. Best to just assume that the dating career of a med student can sometimes be a lonely one. From what I hear, though, we'll be considered catches once school is over. ;)
No they are not. 85% of the world's problems are due to estrogen. The remaining 15% is Bush.

No they are not. 85% of the world's problems are due to testosterone. The remaining 15% is Bush.

There, your statement was mistaken and I did you the favor of correcting it. ;)

eternalrage said:
No they are not. 85% of the world's problems are due to people who are not primarily testosterone driven. The remaining 15% is Bush.
I had to fix your fix.

She's that hot and fun, and she knows it, b/c she treats guys pretty bad and has always gotten away w/ it until recently. I shoulda been able to tell she's too stressful for me when she bragged about dumping one guy

that's the price u pay to have mind-blowing sex. the more psycho the girl is, the hotter she is in bed.

Now this 24 year old I've been seeing...she's cool. We've known each other for a few years. She even brought me a new "LIVESTRONG" bracelet since she accidentally broke mine in '04. She doesn't care that I'll be going to med school @ 30, she's nice, and her name is Summer. How cool is that? I'm dating a 'Summer.' Sweet Jesus, her name is actually Summer. I love that.

summer does sound nice. hell, i'd name my own daughter summer if i had one.