so burnt out......

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stoic

"Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted"
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
who else? three weeks of class left, followed by two weeks of finals. i just can't seem to kick it into gear for ANYTHING! i'm sooooooo tired of the grind; with the end of classes so near i feel like my brain has already switched off. i just don't want to study anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!

after spring break, we've had only anatomy (head and neck) and neuroscience (we do the entire class between spring break and the end of the year). some people like that there are only two classes to focus on; but this is basically the bain of my existance. i can't stand to study the same thing all the time - i do so much better when i can go back and forth between courses every hour or so... but now my only choices are neuroanatomy or head and neck anatomy!

ARRRGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Members don't see this ad.

:laugh: :laugh:

Me, too, Stoic! Don't give up-if you do I'll completely lose all motivation. I spent the last 3 days playing werewolf in the lounge. I'm so screwed for this next test, but I just...can't...make..myself do it anymore.

Only 3 weeks left, only 3 weeks left.

What are doing this summer? Think about that!

PS-We do neuro in a semester too! Thats the text I'm going to fail on monday. :cool: :rolleyes:

I'm so with you on this. We're finishing up neuro and head and neck next week and then we have whole month of muskuloskeletal followed by a comprehensive covering the whole year's material. There really is no end in sight. All I do is not study and feel guilty. I was so motivated before my last exam but now laziness descended like a plague.

Members don't see this ad :)
any here feel the same way about going to school with many classes at the same time rather than just a couple like the OP?

dude, i am so over this ish........i am actually looking forward to studying for step one compared with this crap

Dude, don't give up. You are so close it not even funny. It would suck, to look back and think, ****, I wish I would have studied a little bit longer! Good luck.

We are currently doing the reproductive block and its some of the most boring pathology/physiology i've encountered this year. I just can't focus on the material...I am also ready for this to be over with and start studying for step I. At least MS1 have the summer to look forward to...MS2's are just doomed with step I and the upcoming clinical rotations hovering in their minds. The only thing I am looking forward to is a lousy 2 week vacation before the boards. Something is better than nothing.

I've just got OB/GYN standing between me and 4th year freedom. I can't wait to do nothing all day. I dream about it. I need a break.

razmataz said:
any here feel the same way about going to school with many classes at the same time rather than just a couple like the OP?

I enjoy only having 2-3 course to worry about at one time. I think the best part is when finals come around there are only 2-3 exams to worry about instead of 5 or 6. Less things to split my time between. Oother than this, i don't think i would mind either way. when you have more course, you do less in each course than if you only had a few. it all works out to the same material-wise.

ASU_Devil said:
Dude, don't give up. You are so close it not even funny. It would suck, to look back and think, ****, I wish I would have studied a little bit longer! Good luck.

I second what this poster said. When I feel like I am losing my motivation, I just think about how much it would absolutely suck to fail at this point! Just suck it up for a few more weeks, then you can relax!!!

You guys make med school sound so fun. ::insert inside joke/message here::

stoic said:
who else? three weeks of class left, followed by two weeks of finals. i just can't seem to kick it into gear for ANYTHING! i'm sooooooo tired of the grind; with the end of classes so near i feel like my brain has already switched off. i just don't want to study anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!

after spring break, we've had only anatomy (head and neck) and neuroscience (we do the entire class between spring break and the end of the year). some people like that there are only two classes to focus on; but this is basically the bain of my existance. i can't stand to study the same thing all the time - i do so much better when i can go back and forth between courses every hour or so... but now my only choices are neuroanatomy or head and neck anatomy!

Stoic darling.... ;)

It only gets better next year! :laugh:

stoic said:

Wait until you've had 4 years under your belt and you're on the last 4 shifts of your last rotation of medical school before graduation. Then talk about being burned out!

Senioritis sucks!

jd

Members don't see this ad :)
.... so it's a bad sign that I want to spoon out my own eyeballs just so I don't have to read anymore?

I feel the same
.... so it's a bad sign that I want to spoon out my own eyeballs just so I don't have to read anymore?
I've been studying and studying till my eyes burn and my neck hurts and there is no end in sight , exams in 3 weeks and i am not ready, honestly is there hope, i need all A's these exams determine whether I get into med school, i must get in .So stressed and tired and it feels like i'm not getting anywhere, help me

supernova33418 said:
I feel the same
I've been studying and studying till my eyes burn and my neck hurts and there is no end in sight , exams in 3 weeks and i am not ready, honestly is there hope, i need all A's these exams determine whether I get into med school, i must get in .So stressed and tired and it feels like i'm not getting anywhere, help me

Do you have an acceptance with a med school pending whether you get all A's on these exams?

stoic said:

well, you might as well just quit.

stoic said:
Yo Brickhouse!

How's life? When do you start rotations?

They start July 7!! I am so excited! I am really over the whole class thing - burn out doesn't even begin to describe it.
How are you!? (besides burnt out)

Im the same as the OP. 3 weeks of class and 2 weeks of finals till M1 year is over!!!! Im also only taking 2 'real' classes: Biochem and Neuro. Still, the amount of material is ridiculous. This has easily been the hardest year of my life, I just wanna get it over with...

prazmatic said:
Im the same as the OP. 3 weeks of class and 2 weeks of finals till M1 year is over!!!! Im also only taking 2 'real' classes: Biochem and Neuro. Still, the amount of material is ridiculous. This has easily been the hardest year of my life, I just wanna get it over with...

Hey Praz... just wait until 2nd year.... not only do we have 3 HUGE exams (micro, path, and pharm) or 4 if you count ICM; we also have BOARDS! and I'm telling you ITS not fun! but hey at least we can see the light at the end of the tunnel :)

good luck on finals! you'll do great :)

PreMedAdAG said:

The first thing I was wondering was if I could use your eyeballs for my head/neck project point in anatomy...

I made the mistake of counting how many lectures worth of material I have to cover by the end of the year. I though it would motivate me...guess not. Now all I do is think about how much I have to do.

Stoic, May 19th...you, me...Gin and Tonic at the jigger?

I'm feeling pretty stressed myself. I have five finals that start this Thursday, and two of those are shelf exams (path and psych). Then after that I get to start studying for the boards....yippee. :scared:

It's so wierd to think that two and half months from now I'll be delivering babies on my OB/GYN rotation. :)

We're all kind of tired, but I'm finishing 2nd year in 2 months, so I'll just suck it up until then. Hang in there :thumbup:

i'm at the point where i don't even care to study for exams anymore. i'd rather just spare my eyeballs and patience and wing it. i am so sick of academia it hurts.

chapters, homeworks, units, study guides, quizzes, exams . . . blahbudy f***ing blah

i mean, what kind of vocabulary is that anyway? sounds like a summer at fat camp.

if i don't get into a ward soon, or see some blood, i think i will **** a BRS booklet.

felipe5 said:
dude, i am so over this ish........i am actually looking forward to studying for step one compared with this crap
haha...exactly - I've said the same things to my friends for weeks now and they all thought I was nuts. Glad I'm not the only one who's that sick of classes...

if i don't get into a ward soon, or see some blood, i think i will **** a BRS booklet.[/QUOTE]
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

MtMed said:
i'm at the point where i don't even care to study for exams anymore. i'd rather just spare my eyeballs and patience and wing it. i am so sick of academia it hurts.

chapters, homeworks, units, study guides, quizzes, exams . . . blahbudy f***ing blah

i mean, what kind of vocabulary is that anyway? sounds like a summer at fat camp.

if i don't get into a ward soon, or see some blood, i think i will **** a BRS booklet.

LMAO - well we got to "learn" how place an IV line yesterday - and that apparently translated into an exercise in blood letting as I nearly killed my friend because nobody f***ing told me to hold down the vein before taking the needle out and it was absolute carnage - I swear to god there was blood everywhere and then I couldn't get the catheter out because it was so slippery...I guess I learned the hard way - and I sheepishly went back to the library afterwards where I feel safe. yay for finals.