So, can we fold our scratch paper during the PAT part of the DAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kkumalap

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My Kaplan instructor said that we can, but some of my buddies said we can't. Can you please clear this thing up for me?

thanks in advance, and sorry if it was a ******ed question...

Members don't see this ad.

kkumalap said:
My Kaplan instructor said that we can, but some of my buddies said we can't. Can you please clear this thing up for me?

thanks in advance, and sorry if it was a ******ed question...

It depends on your testing center. I took my today and they were very lax with stuff like that. I didn't need to do any paper folding but I'm sure I could have if I wanted to.

Is it true you only get two sheets of scratch paper at a time and if you need more, you have to ask and turn in the used sheets to them?

can someone explain exactly how you can use paper during the pat, like angle ranking? i posted something before, but still dont know how to do it? :)
messenger.

Members don't see this ad :)
if u get caught you r kicked out...
why do u wanna take risk...just do what u prepared and fairly...
u will get more nervous cuz of cheating and loose patient

ddsjymaeng said:
if u get caught you r kicked out...
why do u wanna take risk...just do what u prepared and fairly...
u will get more nervous cuz of cheating and loose patient

its not considered "cheating", theres no such rule that you cant. It all depends on the testing center. If you are really keen on doing it then maybe you should ask first before you begin the test if you can just to be on the safe side

djeffreyt said:
Is it true you only get two sheets of scratch paper at a time and if you need more, you have to ask and turn in the used sheets to them?

I got an entire booklet of blank paper. Probably 6-7 sheets front and back of blank paper. And yeah, I used it all.

Ok guys i was wondering for the PAT section, how are we supposed to figure out the number of boxes with x sides exposed or the hole punching section if we cant write on our test paper (since its computerized?) wat does everyone do?
thanks

Ok guys i was wondering for the PAT section, how are we supposed to figure out the number of boxes with x sides exposed or the hole punching section if we cant write on our test paper (since its computerized?) wat does everyone do?
thanks

You do have laminate sheets (2) and a marker which you can write on. As far as cube counting I used the tally method, just count the cubes in the image, and then tally how many of each you have. For hole punching I just made a 4 x 4 grid and used that to follow my folds out to the original paper. Good Luck.

Last edited: