So do hot women really come running once you're a doctor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 16, 2011
Status
Medical Student
Just wondering if the male residents here have found it easier to date 9's and 10's once they get their MDs?

Life of the Party!
Aug 9, 2012
Inside a black hole
Just wondering if the male residents here have found it easier to date 9's and 10's once they get their MDs?
Yes obviously.

Medicine: chicks, money, power and chicks.

Reactions: BurberryDoc

Goro

7+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2010
Somewhere west of St. Louis
Status
Non-Student

IncognitoGuy

life of leisure
7+ Year Member
Jun 24, 2011
Status
Resident [Any Field]
In America, first you get the sugar. Then you get the power. Then you get the women.

IncognitoGuy

life of leisure
7+ Year Member
Jun 24, 2011
Status
Resident [Any Field]

Aerus

Elemental Alchemist
7+ Year Member
Apr 21, 2012
Status
Medical Student
If you plan on doing neuro, then make sure that you're a 9 or 10 yourself. With all the time you have to spend on work, she might have her own 9 or 10 at home while you're away....:rolleyes:

The_Bird

SDN Bronze Donor
Bronze Donor
7+ Year Member
Jun 26, 2011
Status
Medical Student
So earning a medical degree makes us guys immediately begin categorizing women on a superficial numerical scale and be interested in nothing but dangerous and shallow one-night-stands? I thought med school admissions selected for students who expressed maturity and responsibility. These threads are overdone. :thumbdown:

911 Turbo

middle schooler aspiring doctor
Removed
Account on Hold
7+ Year Member
Jul 24, 2010
mars
Status
Medical Student
So earning a medical degree makes us guys immediately begin categorizing women on a superficial numerical scale and be interested in nothing but dangerous and shallow one-night-stands? I thought med school admissions selected for students who expressed maturity and responsibility. These threads are overdone. :thumbdown:
lol

come on bro

plz tell me ur trolling

CDI

10+ Year Member
Dec 15, 2006
US
Status
Attending Physician
^ Not med school material.

TheWeeIceMan

And like that... *poof*... he's gone.
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 8, 2009
It takes maturity and responsibility to not date uggos.

Goro

7+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2010
Somewhere west of St. Louis
Status
Non-Student
I doubt it. Most guys (your future classmates excluded) are scared of intelligent women. Me, I'm a sucker for them, and I have a wife with a PhD to prove it!

As a girl this worries me when the time comes and I get my MD (greedy men in my case).
:(

Oct 5, 2012
Status
Pre-Medical
As a girl this worries me when the time comes and I get my MD (greedy men in my case).
well... i'm not so worried about the greedy ones, but actually finding a partner in the first place.

unfortunately, men who don't feel intimidated by women who have higher degrees than them are rare unicorns. i'm pretty sure my marriageability rating just dropped by like 50 points. :/ and men who would be willing to give up their careers & take a backseat to their wives' careers? even rarer.

SunsFun

VICE president
7+ Year Member
Jun 22, 2011
Pannotia
well... i'm not so worried about the greedy ones, but actually finding a partner in the first place.

unfortunately, men who don't feel intimidated by women who have higher degrees than them are rare unicorns. i'm pretty sure my marriageability rating just dropped by like 50 points. :/ and men who would be willing to give up their careers & take a backseat to their wives' careers? even rarer.
Oh come on now. I seriously doubt most guys will see education as negative as long as it is not accompanied with arrogance and sense of entitlement. I think the problem is that unfortunately in our culture women much more then men are judged on their looks. Women who achieved a lot in life may believe that all that hard work should be rewarded with/appreciated by a worthy partner. Unfortunately for most men no degree is going to overcome a lack of physical attractiveness.

Modeselektor

Let me show you the whey of the true path
5+ Year Member
Aug 2, 2013
Status
Attending Physician
@OP Unless there's a Dept. of Charisma, Class, and Kickassery don't hold your breath.

I love smart women. Dumb girls put me off.
I don't care what you look like, if there's space between your ears I want nothing to do with you.

TheWeeIceMan

And like that... *poof*... he's gone.
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 8, 2009
Oh come on now. I seriously doubt most guys will see education as negative as long as it is not accompanied with arrogance and sense of entitlement. I think the problem is that unfortunately in our culture women much more then men are judged on their looks. Women who achieved a lot in life may believe that all that hard work should be rewarded with/appreciated by a worthy partner. Unfortunately for most men no degree is going to overcome a lack of physical attractiveness.
I don't think it's uncommon for men to see a highly educated and stressfull career as a negative when picking a partner. I don't agree, but the sentiment is certainly out there. There are probably other contributing factors as well, such as women seeming to be more reluctant to "date down" than men.

Reactions: hotredlips

SunsFun

VICE president
7+ Year Member
Jun 22, 2011
Pannotia
I don't think it's uncommon for men to see a highly educated and stressfull career as a negative when picking a partner. I don't agree, but the sentiment is certainly out there. There are probably other contributing factors as well, such as women seeming to be more reluctant to "date down" than men.
I see your point. This reminds me of a conversation I had a while ago. One of my female friends told me that as a women there are there things to look for in men:
1) looks
2) intelligence (this includes being accomplished, successful)
3) loyalty (family oriented)
You can only get 2 of the 3 and it's up to you to decide what you'd want to sacrifice. Sorry for derail.

darklabel

PGWhy
7+ Year Member
Jan 11, 2012
Status
Resident [Any Field]
we've had a plethora of "doctors/chicks/money" related threads in the past week..
A lot of guys here being very insecure with themselves and think that the physician title will garner them some sort of magical powers with pulling in women.

If you couldn't get laid in college, it is VERY unlikely that your medical student title will impress girls enough to drop their panties for you. Granted, it will give you a checkmark when it comes time for a girl to decide if you're worth staying with, but if you didn't have game before medical school, I doubt you suddenly will once you're a physician.

Oct 5, 2012
Status
Pre-Medical
i'm not sure why you felt the need to tack that last part on re: arrogance and entitlement, since i'm pretty sure that's true whether you're male or female (though much less if you're male). :rolleyes:

anyway, perhaps "rare unicorn" is an exaggeration. but i still think it's more difficult to be a woman in higher education (MD, Ph.D, JD) + seeking romance than a guy because of gender roles/societal expectations, rather than because the woman is entitled/arrogant/ugly. like i stated before, it's more acceptable for a woman to give up her dreams/ambitions to raise a family & support a husband than it is the other way around. it's also more acceptable for a more highly educated male to pursue a lesser educated female than the other way around...

Pacna

Dyslexics, untie!
Jun 2, 2013
MN
Status
Medical Student
i'm not sure why you felt the need to tack that last part on re: arrogance and entitlement, since i'm pretty sure that's true whether you're male or female (though much less if you're male). :rolleyes:

anyway, perhaps "rare unicorn" is an exaggeration. but i still think it's more difficult to be a woman in higher education (MD, Ph.D, JD) + seeking romance than a guy because of gender roles/societal expectations, rather than because the woman is entitled/arrogant/ugly. like i stated before, it's more acceptable for a woman to give up her dreams/ambitions to raise a family & support a husband than it is the other way around. it's also more acceptable for a more highly educated male to pursue a lesser educated female than the other way around...
I don't know that it has anything to do with the intimidation factor. I, personally, couldn't give 2 s***s what kind of degree my lady has. So long as she's personally fulfilled and content, I'm happy with her level of education.

The problem is, as someone else mentioned, women feel less inclined to date down. This makes the field of selection for men huge and the population that MD/PhD/DO holding women are willing to consider smaller. As the population of men with those degrees dwindles secondary their larger pool of selection, their highly educated female colleagues run into a sudden shortage. The age old "Where are all the good guys" issue. The answer is that there are the same amount of "good guys" as there are "good gals." Only perception divides the two.

@OP - Get an MD. Chicks line up.
/thread

Reactions: aich and bambam92

BlueLabel

5+ Year Member
May 6, 2012
Texas
Status
Medical Student
Hey! Tell that to James T. Kirk or Will Riker while you're at it there buddy!!

BlueLabel

5+ Year Member
May 6, 2012
Texas
Status
Medical Student
Ugh all you smart and educated people posting in this thread are making me feel awful self-conscious about my (empirically demonstrated) natural attraction to less intelligent women.

It isn't a choice!

May 10, 2013
Status
Ugh this is why guys are stupid and get played easily. Why would you want to be with a 9 or 10 who doesn't really like or love you just your money. Everyday she's with you all she's thinking about is what a loser you are and how gross you are but she stays for the lifestyle. She pops out a few kids so she knows she will be supported even if you decide to upgrade.

Wouldn't it be better to find someone who actually loves you and would be with you even if you didn't have money and power? I know quite a few women who have dated and even married for money. The things they say about these guys and how stupid the guys are for thinking the girls actually like them. Idk to me that seems like a lot of negative energy to invite into your life.

Not saying all 9s or 10s are gold diggers but since it seems like you can't pull them now the ones you will get after becoming a doctor will be.

Nov 7, 2013
Ugh this is why guys are stupid and get played easily. Why would you want to be with a 9 or 10 who doesn't really like or love you just your money. Everyday she's with you all she's thinking about is what a loser you are and how gross you are but she stays for the lifestyle. She pops out a few kids so she knows she will be supported even if you decide to upgrade.

Wouldn't it be better to find someone who actually loves you and would be with you even if you didn't have money and power? I know quite a few women who have dated and even married for money. The things they say about these guys and how stupid the guys are for thinking the girls actually like them. Idk to me that seems like a lot of negative energy to invite into your life.

Not saying all 9s or 10s are gold diggers but since it seems like you can't pull them now the ones you will get after becoming a doctor will be.
No

Last edited:
Reactions: U Wot M8
May 10, 2013
Status
No, I'll just pull out.
From planned parenthood:

Of every 100 women whose partners use withdrawal, 4 will become pregnant each year if they do it correctly.

Of every 100 women whose partners use withdrawal, 27 will become pregnant each year if they do it correctly.

Pretty good odds for a gold digger who has no real future of her own. You'll make an easy target for a pro. Really I hope you were joking when you wrote that and I just missed the joke

Reactions: Rik1111

BlackBox

7+ Year Member
Mar 16, 2010
PA
Status
Medical Student
I see your point. This reminds me of a conversation I had a while ago. One of my female friends told me that as a women there are there things to look for in men:
1) looks
2) intelligence (this includes being accomplished, successful)
3) loyalty (family oriented)
You can only get 2 of the 3 and it's up to you to decide what you'd want to sacrifice. Sorry for derail.
Not sure what you mean by this. I have all 3 of these things. Oh wait, I rank a 3 in each of these things. Sorry, my mistake.

Last edited:

BlackBox

7+ Year Member
Mar 16, 2010
PA
Status
Medical Student
I doubt it. Most guys (your future classmates excluded) are scared of intelligent women. Me, I'm a sucker for them, and I have a wife with a PhD to prove it!
Ugh, tell me about it. The debate b/t myself and my sig other with a PhD is never ending... and I secretly love it! lol

BlackBox

7+ Year Member
Mar 16, 2010
PA
Status
Medical Student

Yeah, it's tough as a woman in more authoritative fields. If you're a woman and act more assertive you run the risk of being called a b*tch- and you're paid far less for your trouble. The numbers don't lie.

Reactions: prettyNURSEtoMD

IncognitoGuy

life of leisure
7+ Year Member
Jun 24, 2011
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Yeah, it's tough as a woman in more authoritative fields. If you're a woman and act more assertive you run the risk of being called a b*tch- and you're paid far less for your trouble. The numbers don't lie.

Oct 19, 2013
Status
Pharmacy Student

This x1000. I've known a few women who married for money, too. The things they say about their husbands are really awful, but it does seem as if those men are just fine using women for their looks while the women use them for their money, so in the end I guess I shouldn't feel sorry for either of them. I'm so very glad I found my girl before I am in the position to have to wonder if she's using me for my money. I would never be okay with it, no matter how hot she was. Buying sex or affection just sounds depressing. :(

Reactions: Rik1111

NontradCA

American Hero
5+ Year Member
Sep 19, 2012
Trump Tower
Status
Medical Student
A lot of guys here being very insecure with themselves and think that the physician title will garner them some sort of magical powers with pulling in women.

If you couldn't get laid in college, it is VERY unlikely that your medical student title will impress girls enough to drop their panties for you. Granted, it will give you a checkmark when it comes time for a girl to decide if you're worth staying with, but if you didn't have game before medical school, I doubt you suddenly will once you're a physician.
C'mon bro we both know that's not true. In a justified world maybe, but the fact is doctor/med school title will impress. Btw grats on the MD acceptance.

Mad Jack

Critically Caring
5+ Year Member
Jul 27, 2013
4th Dimension
I'll probably neglect mentioning my career to avoid attracting the wrong types. If they aren't interested in Mad Jack the middle class looking guy at the bar but are suddenly into Dr. Mad Jack, I don't want their claws on me, even if they are a dime. Using your career to get women has a high likelihood of attracting the wrong sort of women. Take it from a guy that has already played the marriage game once (and almost a second time)- pay attention and learn to spot the bad ones. A man needs to work a lifetime to earn a solid income and a place in the upper middle class. A pretty girl just has to divorce a rich guy to get the same.

Here's a bit of painful truth to the ladies. To all the women getting medical degrees, it is a harsh reality, but most guys have trouble dating girls that make more money than them (and many girls want to date up). This leaves your dating pool very slim. Most guys are looking for looks, youth, and personality, in that order. Your career costs you two of these and helps the least important of the three. The guys that earn more than you do have 99% of the female population available to them, many of which are younger, have more available time, and more attractive by the time you finish residency. That leaves you with some rough odds, and perhaps explains the high number of physician-physician marriages and their low divorce rate (a mere 8%), as male physicians are the best pool of eligible men that are in your same socioeconomic bracket.

Sad but true story from the place I work at: we have one of the best pediatric specialists in a particular field in the world at our facility. She finished college very early, and started med school while most kids were starting undergrad. She's brilliant, rich, and quite good looking. One day, a coworker of mine asked her if she'd be going to a big conference next week, to which she said no. So he asked why, and the reason was that she couldn't find a date to go with, and didn't want to go to another conference alone.

None of this is my personal opinion, but as a guy with successful and single female friends pushing 30, and that knows quite a few female physicians in the hospital, I figured I'd share what their dating troubles seem to be.

MDforMee

Sweet Cheeks
Aug 29, 2012
Status
Pre-Medical
I'll probably neglect mentioning my career to avoid attracting the wrong types.........
Nice post.

I usually don't respond in posts like OP's because they seem immature, but I'd like to say that as a male, I want to marry an MD/DO, and not for money.

I'd want to be with a woman that can challenge me, and not put me on a pedestal because of my degree. I also don't want a trophy.

I've dated and had outings with medical students and physicians, and compared to most normal women, 90+% of the time med women have their stuff more together, are more intelligent, and have greater passion/conviction for life.

Sorry to say it, but even with a BS/BA (or even an MS or PhD) and a corporate job, women aren't given a token pass to being capable of maintaining a mature relationship and jointly raising children the right way.

Now, if I can just make it through medical school without getting shacked up with some floozy.

Last edited:

BurberryDoc

Account on Hold
Account on Hold
Jun 7, 2013
Pawnee, IN
Bro, you're a sap if you need an MD to score babes.
Women do tend to come out of the woodwork when they learn this about you, but seriously dude, swagg up.
I've been 'dating' an 8...she has no idea I'm going to medical school in August.

Do you wanna go out sometime? :naughty: lol

Reactions: Mad Jack and emilym

Gauss44

5+ Year Member
Oct 28, 2012
Status
Pre-Medical
Only the greedy ones.
Prenup!

IMO, a spouse (who earns less or nothing) should get enough money upon your death/divorce that they would be okay for some time. If you are very well off, unlike many doctors, they shouldn't get half of everything they didn't earn in the case of divorce. It seems to me that a prenup is doubles as a way to find out what the other person is really after.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.