SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

SO EXCITED About Baylor!!!

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by flamestodust, Mar 1, 2007.

1. So I have been on the pre-interview cryptic message list for months ("Your app has been reviewed and we will let you know something some day.)

Well, today, I got a new message!
    Your application has already been screened and is currently being processed.

SO EXCITED they are finally rejecting me *officially!* Because previously, I was so on edge SURE that I would get an interview (even though they had stopped months ago also!)

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. trevagandalf

trevagandalf 7+ Year Member

Dec 13, 2006
    I don't get it.. did u get an interview or not?

4. sprinkibrio

sprinkibrio 7+ Year Member

Nov 25, 2006
    I know the feeling!

5. baylormed

baylormed On the Search 5+ Year Member

Dec 4, 2005
    Right behind you
    Me too. :(

6. xylem29

xylem29 7+ Year Member

Nov 10, 2005
    Hey me too! Woohooo, we got rejected finally!!!!!!!!!!!!! This def calls for some a to the l to the cohol

7. future_dr_house

future_dr_house . 7+ Year Member

Sep 8, 2006
    I got same thing, I bet it's a pre-interview ACCEPTANCE :idea:

8. baylormed

baylormed On the Search 5+ Year Member

Dec 4, 2005
    Right behind you
    Haha, I actually had a dream about this recently. I dreamt that Baylor had called me and accepted me, but I hadn't even interviewed so I was very surprised, but I went to visit the school nonetheless, along with other people who had also gotten in pre-interview. Then I kept thinking how I was already all used to the idea of moving to Dallas and now I would be in Houston, and Houston is BIG AND SCARY.

A weird dream, indeed. I wonder if that happens (wait, it doesn't :( ).

9. xylem29

xylem29 7+ Year Member

Nov 10, 2005
    but maybe it does?:D

10. future_dr_house

future_dr_house . 7+ Year Member

Sep 8, 2006
    It really is a huge place. But to Baylor's credit, they'll keep your ass so busy that you'll never have time to go anyplace (i.e. get lost).

11. OncoCaP

OncoCaP 2+ Year Member

Aug 28, 2006
    Houston, Texas
    MDApps:
    As someone who has been accepted to Baylor, these gloomy threads are starting to make me wonder whether I should keep an eye out for any pre-med "Tonya Hardings" lest an unfortunate turn of events should cause my spot to become a new vacancy ... :scared:

12. KaraKiz

KaraKiz I'm Ron Burgundy? 7+ Year Member

Nov 8, 2006
    Baltimore
    when i tried to log into my status page using the link they sent in the secondary app email, the link was dead. so i went to the secondary application home page and clicked sign in as an existing user, and i get this message:

Your deadline for completing this application has passed!
    Please email the Admissions office
    Your deadline was: 01-05-2007
    Your amcas id is : XXXXXXXX

(except with my real amcas number, not x's.. lol)

im pretty sure its dated when they received my letter of interest/update.

13. jennifermov

jennifermov 10+ Year Member

Feb 16, 2005
    around the corner
    not that this info helps, but my status check screen also says

"Your application has already been screened and is currently being processed."

...and i interviewed on the last date. so, it looks like everyone's status page says that irregardless of what their "real" status is. i understand your frustration. if they obviously aren't handing out any more interview invites, then let a person know! and as for the people they interviewed...seriously, let a person know! ;)

14. KaraKiz

KaraKiz I'm Ron Burgundy? 7+ Year Member

Nov 8, 2006
    Baltimore
    I emailed them after my funny status message and just got a response.

I think you tried to log into the supplemental and not the file completion check. Our records indicate that a letter was mailed to you on March 1st.

Melody Miller-Wasik
    Office of Admissions
    Baylor College of Medicine
    [email protected] (email)
    713-798-4842 (phone)
    713-798-5563 (fax)

Here's to looking forward to my rejection letter.. whatever.. its not like I wanted to live in Texas anyway. :p

15. kerplunk112

kerplunk112 7+ Year Member

Jun 23, 2006
    hey now...some of us are stuck here thanks...

16. Metatemujin

Metatemujin 5+ Year Member

Sep 8, 2006
    Kerplunk, how did you know Baylor rejected you post interview? (according to your mdapplicants)

17. NCF145

NCF145 Not Politically Correct 7+ Year Member

Oct 13, 2005
    The Beach

I wonder if that means that all of the rejections pre- and post-interview were mailed out on the 1st? :scared:

18. jennifermov

Feb 16, 2005
    around the corner
    EXACTLY what i was wondering.....

don't you wish that there was a magic application fairy on SDN that would answer your questions accurately immediately once you posted? *sigh* it's nice to dream... ;)

19. mrshiflett

mrshiflett 2+ Year Member

Nov 22, 2006
    apparently people are starting receiving rejections in the mail (today).

20. Brick

Brick Junior Member 2+ Year Member

Jul 20, 2006
    Austin
    are these rejections people are receiving today or in the mail for people who never interviewed at baylor. UTMB mailed out rejections for people who applied there and never interviewed after they were done with interviews. I don't know any other schools that did that.

For the people who did interview at Baylor whether it was early fall or early spring has anyone found out if they were rejected or wait listed. I know some have been accepted and found out. i interviewed in November and am still waiting to see. I heard we were supposed to find out in march so i know everyone is anxious.

And for the people accepted how are your finding out email or calls or mail

21. jennifermov

Feb 16, 2005
    around the corner
    here's the only info i can offer...from other threads, it appears that people are getting calls from dr. micheal...i've only read about calls late afternoon (around 5 or 6 pm) on wednesday or thursday....but that's not to say that they aren't calling at other times...

...i haven't read of any rejections post interview. i can't imagine anyone willingly offering up that info without being specifically asked. but it would be nice to know....

it is taking all my energy to not call the admissions office and ask for specifics....i am trying to be *patient*....and thereby use my SDN addiction to pass the time....:rolleyes:

ps... i love ben folds (and the five)

22. trevagandalf

trevagandalf 7+ Year Member

Dec 13, 2006
    I interviewed at the last day and they said that acceptances are given out via the phone and that we shouldn't expect anything before march 15th...

23. NCF145

NCF145 Not Politically Correct 7+ Year Member

Oct 13, 2005
    The Beach
    I am pretty sure that is only for your group. People that interviewed on Feb. 2nd have been accepted.

24. mrshiflett

mrshiflett 2+ Year Member

Nov 22, 2006
    yeah, but as was mentioned at the interview, following each cycle (approx. 2 weeks after) the new interviewees are placed in the ranked pool. at this point, the adcom decides how many will be accepted and those individuals are called. it is plausible that if you interviewed earlier than the last interview date, you will be waiting until march 15, when the new batch of offers are extended.

25. kerplunk112

kerplunk112 7+ Year Member

Jun 23, 2006
    yeah actually i havent updated my mdapps profile...i interviewed at the last date...and havent heard jack**** since...