annette22

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 14, 2006
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Those of you who got acepted last year.Do I have a chance.Should I retake the pcat.3.29 gpa and 67 composite pcat

ADN1226

Class of 2012!
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 21, 2006
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I'm sure you have a chance. I also have a low gpa like yours.... I think you should improve your pcats though. Some people in this forums have gotten into pharm schools with that gpa but very good pcats like >95s. And lots of EC's, LORs, typical stuff. Just be positive - thats what i'm trying to do. And get 4.0s next year =)

About the Ads

beccala33

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 28, 2005
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Without a doubt, retake the pcat. Your gpa isn't THAT low, but it's not strong and a 67 doesn't do anything to help it. With a 90 pcat and a 3.2 you have an excellent shot, with a 67 your chances go down considerably.

kvl1027

10+ Year Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Status
Pharmacist
annette22 said:
Those of you who got acepted last year.Do I have a chance.Should I retake the pcat.3.29 gpa and 67 composite pcat
the GPA is not horrible, but not great. With that GPA I would say you need a much higher PCAT score to be very competitive, that is not to say that you cant get in with those stats. Good Luck!

KUMoose

Grumpy old man
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 3, 2005
Status
Pharmacist
I would go further and say retake the PCAT and get the volunteer hours higher (plus group affiliations and work). That'll make it easier for the deans to say yes; or harder for them to say no, whichever you like.. ;)

OP
A

annette22

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 14, 2006
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
KUMoose said:
I would go further and say retake the PCAT and get the volunteer hours higher (plus group affiliations and work). That'll make it easier for the deans to say yes; or harder for them to say no, whichever you like.. ;)
Thank you guys I will retake the exam in october.I hear these days you have to apply early.I plan to put my application in now.Would that hurt me since the schools would not get my PCAT till December Dose that mean I will have my application thrown out before my second pcat

AznGTOi3oi

10+ Year Member
Jun 20, 2006
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
annette22 said:
Thank you guys I will retake the exam in october.I hear these days you have to apply early.I plan to put my application in now.Would that hurt me since the schools would not get my PCAT till December Dose that mean I will have my application thrown out before my second pcat

YES i really like to know this too, i'm in the same situation too.

ageldred

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 17, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
Status
Pharmacy Student
AznGTOi3oi said:
YES i really like to know this too, i'm in the same situation too.
I'd like to know that too. I am editing my Pharmcas application (as I have not e-submitted yet) that I am taking the October PCAT, so hopefully that will indicate to the schools to expect that score. I don't know what you could do to alert them if you have already esubmitted though.

About the Ads