So here is my situation: I want to apply to podiatry school for the fall of 2017 semester?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bishop001

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know the application opened this month. I have a 3.23 gpa and I got a 488 (new MCAT) on the MCAT i took in June. I am taking it again in september and I plan to apply in october when I get my score. Do you think that is too late in the cycle? And what do you guys think my chances are of getting in assuming I get above a 500 on the MCAT. I have done some research and I am in extracurriculars such as Alpha Phi Omega (service fraternity). I will be applying to all 9 podiatry schools. Any advice is appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
don't think it will be too late to apply, I'm doing the same thing. Good luck on your mcat. your gpa is a little better than mine.

I know the application opened this month. I have a 3.23 gpa and I got a 488 (new MCAT) on the MCAT i took in June. I am taking it again in september and I plan to apply in october when I get my score. Do you think that is too late in the cycle? And what do you guys think my chances are of getting in assuming I get above a 500 on the MCAT. I have done some research and I am in extracurriculars such as Alpha Phi Omega (service fraternity). I will be applying to all 9 podiatry schools. Any advice is appreciated.

Pod application cycle is a little different. It is in your best interest to apply as early as you can. However, October isn't late. I've seen a lot of people getting interviews even after the following January-June.

Based on your numbers, if you get around 494+ on your new MCAT, you should be ok (always aim for the best score possible).

Do you have any shadowing experience with a pod? If not, I would suggest getting on that as soon as possible. Finding a pod that will allow you to shadow can be difficult (took me over a month). Also, it's a great way to get you more involved with the field and what it has to offer.

Applying to all 9 schools will be pricey. If you have the money, by all means, go for it. For your reference, the big schools are NYCPM, Scholl, Kent State, and Temple. the schools with 50 or less seats are Midwestern, DMU, Barry, CPSM, Western. If you apply later (like around March-May), then you will have better chances with the bigger schools.

Pod application cycle is a little different. It is in your best interest to apply as early as you can. However, October isn't late. I've seen a lot of people getting interviews even after the following January-June.

Based on your numbers, if you get around 494+ on your new MCAT, you should be ok (always aim for the best score possible).

Do you have any shadowing experience with a pod? If not, I would suggest getting on that as soon as possible. Finding a pod that will allow you to shadow can be difficult (took me over a month). Also, it's a great way to get you more involved with the field and what it has to offer.

Applying to all 9 schools will be pricey. If you have the money, by all means, go for it. For your reference, the big schools are NYCPM, Scholl, Kent State, and Temple. the schools with 50 or less seats are Midwestern, DMU, Barry, CPSM, Western. If you apply later (like around March-May), then you will have better chances with the bigger schools.
I actually have a shadowing letter from a podiatrist already. I have shadowed already. So it seems like if I get 494+ I should be fine. I got a 495 on my last practice test I took but I I am aiming for above 500 to be safe. I also have research. But thank you for your response!