So how come no one got higher than a 42 on last yrs MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

qweewq11

Smiley orgy organizer
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
So my MSAR says that the upper bound on last year's MCAT scores was 42 (near the front of the book with the various charts of MCAT and GPA).

AFAIK, the max MCAT possible is 43 (13V + 15B + 15P).

So I guess that means that not a single person got a perfect score on the MCAT? You'd think at least one person would. Not that 42 is bad or anything :p

Or is it that the max score on a section of the MCAT last year was 14, not 15, due to some weird curving (as with the verbal section).

Anyone know?

Members don't see this ad.

I know someone who got 42. she went to my HS. she went to berkeley.

13, 15, 14. smartest person i ever knew.

From what I understand, the maximum verbal score was 13 (or it was listed as a range from 13-15). The others sections, as always, were out of 15.

Members don't see this ad :)
So then so one scored a 15-15-13? You'd think somewhere in the country there is some insanely intelligent person that could do it.

i went to this kaplan seminar on the mcat format changing for next year, and the guy that was holding the seminar (who was also a teacher at kaplan) said that 4 years ago when he took mcat he got a 42 and that was the 3rd highest score in the nation at that time. seems somewhat unrealistic, but who knows.

Someone at USC got a 43 i believe... she was a post-bacc... other sc people can correct me if i'm wrong....

15 +15 + 13 = 43

Maybe it was just last year than no one scored a 43, since the 03-4 MSAR says top of the range was 42. Perhaps the prev year someone got the full score.

Originally posted by qweewq11
Maybe it was just last year than no one scored a 43, since the 03-4 MSAR says top of the range was 42. Perhaps the prev year someone got the full score.

i heard that someone at sc got a 43 last year at the aug 2001 administration.

I can confirm this too. Some girl who went to USC got a 43-45.

Originally posted by Dr. Dodger Dog

i heard that someone at sc got a 43 last year at the aug 2001 administration.

a buddy of mine who is now at Penn med(not paying a dime!) actually got a 43. almost surreal. But, I think if you are scoring 35 or above on practice tests you definitley have a chance at getting a 40+ --some large part of getting a 40+ is luck since the # incorrect separating these scores is very small.

Originally posted by Mr. H
15 +15 + 13 = 43

Mr. H. Pimp-o can add!:eek:
or is he trying to tell us that this was HIS score.....

Originally posted by Biffer
a buddy of mine who is now at Penn med(not paying a dime!) actually got a 43. almost surreal. But, I think if you are scoring 35 or above on practice tests you definitley have a chance at getting a 40+ --some large part of getting a 40+ is luck since the # incorrect separating these scores is very small.

35/36/37 is a far cry from 40+

Originally posted by dr kevin40
35/36/37 is a far cry from 40+

Not really. I know people who got 34-36 on the practice test who ended up with scores in the 39-40 range.

-RA