so how did you guys prepare for interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doublehh03

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
what I plan to do for the upcoming interviews are:

1) read over my supp apps answers and know them pretty well
2) read SDN interview feedback
3) read some pharmacy news

are those things good enough? what else did you guys do?

i'm just afraid of UCSF the most b/c their interviews are the longest and prollie will have the toughest questions.

Members don't see this ad.

Go to UCSF's website, know about their school, their pharmacy tracks, do mock interviews with family/friends/professors, practice in front of the mirror. For me, I really need to practice out loud because when I'm nervous I tear up and start stumbling over my words. It's embarrrrassssing.... :D

You should just read the thread and interview feedback on this website and others. Please don't memorize any answers to any specific questions. Just have a general idea about the school, the curriculum, pharmacy and know well you files and you will be good

what I plan to do for the upcoming interviews are:

1) read over my supp apps answers and know them pretty well
2) read SDN interview feedback
3) read some pharmacy news

are those things good enough? what else did you guys do?

i'm just afraid of UCSF the most b/c their interviews are the longest and prollie will have the toughest questions.

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree don't memorize answers.. but have answers to the common questions prepared in advance, it'll give you a confident start to your interview.

Does anyone else have the problem though with "why pharmacy?".. I had 4 interviews last month and my last interview was at Western and they asked me that question (first question of course.. as I expected) and I just starting saying my answer and I realized midway I was starting to sound just a little rehearsed.. well it was because I had the same answer pretty much from my previous interviews and it just flowed out without too much thought.. I had to throw in some new things in my answer just to make it sound more natural. Hopefully it was ok, not sure if I was just being picky afterwards and overly ciriticizing myself here.. I almost felt my best answers to the interview questions though were the ones that totally caught me off guard.

Hmm not sure if that makes sense, not saying I was braindead when I was asked "why pharmacy?" but it was kind of hard for me to not memorize my answer after having interviewed at so many schools in such a short amount of time.

I agree don't memorize answers.. but have answers to the common questions prepared in advance, it'll give you a confident start to your interview.

Does anyone else have the problem though with "why pharmacy?".. I had 4 interviews last month and my last interview was at Western and they asked me that question (first question of course.. as I expected) and I just starting saying my answer and I realized midway I was starting to sound just a little rehearsed.. well it was because I had the same answer pretty much from my previous interviews and it just flowed out without too much thought.. I had to throw in some new things in my answer just to make it sound more natural. Hopefully it was ok, not sure if I was just being picky afterwards and overly ciriticizing myself here.. I almost felt my best answers to the interview questions though were the ones that totally caught me off guard.

Hmm not sure if that makes sense, not saying I was braindead when I was asked "why pharmacy?" but it was kind of hard for me to not memorize my answer after having interviewed at so many schools in such a short amount of time.

yea i never intended to memorize answers. i think people can know if you "rehearse" your answers or not based on how you give off your answers. i'll just have "checkpoints" of what i wanna answer to the common questions.

overall, i believe if you act confident and have confidence in your answers, you should be fine. hopefully it'll work for me.

but it does suck that UCSF is my first interview. that's the hardest :confused: :smuggrin:

also u think interviewers give some leeway for nervousness?

i get nervous initially most time when i interview for jobs or stand up to make a speech and my face gets red (or i think) but then i feel comfortable.

I had my UCSF interview last week and I was asked almost no personal questions from my app. They mostly focused on recent pharm issues/legislation that will affect the future of pharmacy and the way we will practice. Also, because it's UCSF, be prepared for those ethical situational questions, everyone in my session that I spoke to had at least a few of those. Good luck! :luck: