So, how do the adcoms see your application?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ipodtouch

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I printed out the PDF application just now and was wondering if this was the way the adcoms viewed my application.

I'm wondering this because I start my PS with a small line of introduction, but this is stuck on the bottom of the previous page and could easily be missed if not looked for.

Members don't see this ad.

I printed out the PDF application just now and was wondering if this was the way the adcoms viewed my application.

I'm wondering this because I start my PS with a small line of introduction, but this is stuck on the bottom of the previous page and could easily be missed if not looked for.

They get a similar print out of your PDF version.

With some stuff omitted obviously.

But I wouldn't worry about this. Adcoms are pretty diligent. They will look at your application entirely.

Hopefully with their eyes.

Members don't see this ad :)
If anything at all in the application is omitted, then it will be perfect.

The PDF file is just spaced PERFECTLY so that my line of introduction is fit completely on the bottom of the other page.

I've always wondered too exactly how they viewed the information. Good question ipodtouch! :)

Things are omitted from the application?

Does anyone know what is omitted??

Ehhhh,
is anything omitted to change the format of the application??

I see SUNY's waitlist hasn't moved for you either : (

Mostly from an overhead view, looking down into the trash bin.

Oh man I'm so funny...

Nope
:(

arrgghhhh, this seems like a huge concern for me. I handed my application to 5 of my friends, and 2 of them completely missed the first part of my PS due to the format of the PDF.
:scared:

Nope

arrgghhhh, this seems like a huge concern for me. I handed my application to 5 of my friends, and 2 of them completely missed the first part of my PS due to the format of the PDF.

Seriously, calm yourself. You think people on adcoms haven't seen a PS on different pages before? You'll be fine.

Nope

I doubt you are the first applicant to have this happen, and I highly doubt an adcom is going to skip over the first part of your PS.

You are freaking out for no reason.

hahaha, thanks for the reassurance guys~

I worked really really hard on this thing. I thought it was absolutely perfect but it kills me to find this problem (partly because it's very essential to understanding my PS).

hahaha, thanks for the reassurance guys~

I worked really really hard on this thing. I thought it was absolutely perfect but it kills me to find this problem (partly because it's very essential to understanding my PS).

It's out of your hands. Find something you have control over to freak out about.