so how does all this work

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WHOIZME

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
sorry, Im just a little confused.

So the ERAS opens september first, meaning, you can submit your app that day. So I take it thats when residency programs can start looking at your app and offering interviews? However, doesn't dean's letter go out after nov. first? How do programs offer interviews without the deans letter?

I thought it was a race till november to have everything in before the dean's letter, but now it seems you need to have everything in by september first, even though deans letter doesnt go out till nov first. I probably wont have letters in till late september, so my application wont be complete till early october. Is this too late?

Members don't see this ad.

sorry, Im just a little confused.

So the ERAS opens september first, meaning, you can submit your app that day. So I take it thats when residency programs can start looking at your app and offering interviews? However, doesn't dean's letter go out after nov. first? How do programs offer interviews without the deans letter?

I thought it was a race till november to have everything in before the dean's letter, but now it seems you need to have everything in by september first, even though deans letter doesnt go out till nov first. I probably wont have letters in till late september, so my application wont be complete till early october. Is this too late?

Many residency programs will offer interviews solely on the basis of viewing the CAF. So it is to your advantage to submit your CAF as soon as it is complete (and not wait for the rest of your application to be complete).

-AT.

Many residency programs will offer interviews solely on the basis of viewing the CAF. So it is to your advantage to submit your CAF as soon as it is complete (and not wait for the rest of your application to be complete).

-AT.

+1. About half of my (18) interview offers came before the MSPE was in. Fully 1/4 were offered before my transcript was even uploaded.

For the folks who got a lot of early interview offers- did you have a stellar step 1?

many residency programs will offer interviews solely on the basis of viewing the caf. So it is to your advantage to submit your caf as soon as it is complete (and not wait for the rest of your application to be complete).

-at.

"caf"?