So how much money have you spent...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jun99

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So how much money have you guys spent on this whole application process...pharmCAS fees, supplemental app. fees, transcript fees, processing other documents fees, travel/hotel for interviews, deposits....I paid for everything one step at a time, but today I started totaling everything, and SHEEEESH! I never thought this whole ordeal would be so expensive! :eek:

Members don't see this ad.

I think I spent about 325-350 total. I only applied to 2 schools though.

My PharmCAS alone was more than that :(

Members don't see this ad :)
I think I spent about 325-350 total. I only applied to 2 schools though.

Applying to instate schools really does save you money... I applied to Pacific just like Idesiretosling, but ended up spending 750 (including new suit - I think).

Regardless though - it was the best money I have ever spent...

~above~

Applying to instate schools really does save you money... I applied to Pacific just like Idesiretosling, but ended up spending 750 (including new suit - I think).

Regardless though - it was the best money I have ever spent...

~above~

O ya I forgot about buying the suit, alright I spent another 350 dollars I guess, so 700 total then. damn... I have already used he suit at a couple other functions, so should be useful throughout pharmacy school as long as i don't get too fat and grow out of it horizontally.
Long hours of studying=pizza and trail mix mmmmm I'm actually eating both of those right now studying for physiology test hahaha.

O ya I forgot about buying the suit, alright I spent another 350 dollars I guess, so 700 total then. damn... I have already used he suit at a couple other functions, so should be useful throughout pharmacy school as long as i don't get too fat and grow out of it horizontally.
Long hours of studying=pizza and trail mix mmmmm I'm actually eating both of those right now studying for physiology test hahaha.

A few more of those one-handed pushups should help. Just remember to switch every now and then so you're not lopsided:laugh: .

So far I'm still under $1K, but that's because I only applied to one out of state school and still have two schools out of four that haven't replied yet.

A few more of those one-handed pushups should help. Just remember to switch every now and then so you're not lopsided:laugh: .

hahaha....I was thinking the same thing :laugh::laugh::laugh:

almost 1k >__>

Probably $1400 including app fees with just three interviews (although I submitted PharmCAS apps to another 4 schools, 2 of which I declined interviews, 1 where I didn't turn in the supplemental, and 1 school that's reviewing my app currently). It's a costly process, but worth it if you get accepted :)

Hmm, lets see, where my calculator?

$695 for apps
$300 for suit
$50 for alterations on suit
$1200 for three interviews

grand total = $2200-ish

i have to work more hrs at the pharmacy now to pay the bills :(

$335 PharmCAS
$1043 Travel expenses (Live in SoCal. Have flown to Sacramento then had to get to Stockton for UOP and stay in a hotel, Have flown to Oakland and stayed with family for UCSF, Am flying to Spokane for a WSU interview...need a hotel for that, too)
$380 Supplemental application fees
$500 ACP deposit
$35 or so on Transcripts

So, around $2308 so far.

Pricey Pricey!

$275 Pharmcas
$90 application fee for non-pharmcas participating school
$200 supp. app fees
$160 suit/shoes
~$600 travel expenses to California

TOTAL: $1325..:eek:

a million dollars..

no but it seems like it, 75% of the money i have spent though was on my Touro deposit of a million dollars.. no its actually 2k, but wow did that hurt my financial circumstances..

Members don't see this ad :)
a million dollars..

no but it seems like it, 75% of the money i have spent though was on my Touro deposit of a million dollars.. no its actually 2k, but wow did that hurt my financial circumstances..

I totally thought that the $500 Albany deposit was outrageous until I heard that Touro requires $2K! ....then I found out that most private schools require around $500 anyway and then it ($500) didn't seem quite as ridiculous. Congratulations on Touro, though! :) I have some friends interviewing there this month.

Pharmcas was a rip off the only school i needed it for was western and they denied me. Didn't buy a new suit just wore some dockers and a dress shirt. I also took the PCAT and registered late. Total $500 + or - $50. Would have been a lot more if I decided to go to hawaii for an interveiw but I decided I was very happy with LLUSP. Plus 500 bones to hold my spot

I spent quite a bit...
New Suit and Shoes..$400
Phramcas about $400
UofA about $70
Supp Apps about $300
Transcripts about $70

Minnesota 26th of Jan
Plane ticket: $200
Rental Car $150
Food: $50
Stayed with family

Midwestern CPG 29th of Jan
Gas $10

University of Arizona 2nd of Feb
Gas $50

Midwestern CCP Feb 12th
Plane Ticket $200
Hotel for 2 nights $140
Rental Car $140
Food$ 50

So I spent somewhere around $2200-2300, but but it was well worth it, got accepted to every school I interviewed at, canceled Iowa and Colorado Visits. Going to attend UofA

If I get in, I do not mind spending more money or working longer hours.....SO SADDDDDDDDDDD NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW. I check my missed calls and voice mail like every 5 mins or so just to see if Western or LLU have called....

When did you interveiw at LLU smallkitty00

To update my earlier tally, my last school I was waiting for invited me to an interview!!! But, it's going to cost me about $1000 ($600 flight + $400 hotel), so that'll bring my cost (if I go) to about $2500 :scared: . I have no idea if I should go now :( that's the exact same cost it was for me to go to my other THREE interviews! Geez, I don't know what to do...

When did you interveiw at LLU smallkitty00

I've been waiting for LLU to call me for an interview......sorry for not being so clear. I only interviewed at USC back in November and was put on active consideration.

Best of luck to you. :)

Pharmcas: 375
Applications: 350
Acceptance deposit: 500
Plane Ticket: 250
Total: 1475

Maybe another 700 on another deposit because I am still deciding where I want to go. This would bring my total to 2175.

Pharmcas: $800
Secondary Apps: $200
Suit: $120

Turning down pharmacy schools--priceless

Application fees $315
Travel expense $300
frantic last minute pantyhose purchase because I tried ironing my pantyhose $3.98 :laugh:

Turning down pharmacy schools--priceless

Really? I am quite opposite.. if anyone remembers I even created a thread about it, I find it VERY VERY difficult to turn down a pharmacy school I've been accepted to.

I agree. Although I didn't turn down any acceptance to Pharmacy school, I did turn down interview requests which was hard for me to do.