• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

jun99

10+ Year Member
Jan 30, 2007
Status (Visible)
So how much money have you guys spent on this whole application process...pharmCAS fees, supplemental app. fees, transcript fees, processing other documents fees, travel/hotel for interviews, deposits....I paid for everything one step at a time, but today I started totaling everything, and SHEEEESH! I never thought this whole ordeal would be so expensive! :eek:

About the Ads

aboveliquidice

No sacrifice - No victory
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2006
San Antonio, TX
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
I think I spent about 325-350 total. I only applied to 2 schools though.

Applying to instate schools really does save you money... I applied to Pacific just like Idesiretosling, but ended up spending 750 (including new suit - I think).

Regardless though - it was the best money I have ever spent...

~above~

Idesiretosling

10+ Year Member
Oct 20, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
Applying to instate schools really does save you money... I applied to Pacific just like Idesiretosling, but ended up spending 750 (including new suit - I think).

Regardless though - it was the best money I have ever spent...

~above~

O ya I forgot about buying the suit, alright I spent another 350 dollars I guess, so 700 total then. damn... I have already used he suit at a couple other functions, so should be useful throughout pharmacy school as long as i don't get too fat and grow out of it horizontally.
Long hours of studying=pizza and trail mix mmmmm I'm actually eating both of those right now studying for physiology test hahaha.

Farmercyst

From the shadows
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Sep 21, 2006
The bottom of a pile of debt.
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
O ya I forgot about buying the suit, alright I spent another 350 dollars I guess, so 700 total then. damn... I have already used he suit at a couple other functions, so should be useful throughout pharmacy school as long as i don't get too fat and grow out of it horizontally.
Long hours of studying=pizza and trail mix mmmmm I'm actually eating both of those right now studying for physiology test hahaha.

A few more of those one-handed pushups should help. Just remember to switch every now and then so you're not lopsided:laugh: .

So far I'm still under $1K, but that's because I only applied to one out of state school and still have two schools out of four that haven't replied yet.

senzabee

10+ Year Member
Jul 4, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
Probably $1400 including app fees with just three interviews (although I submitted PharmCAS apps to another 4 schools, 2 of which I declined interviews, 1 where I didn't turn in the supplemental, and 1 school that's reviewing my app currently). It's a costly process, but worth it if you get accepted :)

UCIGUY

Dispensing Machine
10+ Year Member
Jan 9, 2007
Long Beach, CA
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
Hmm, lets see, where my calculator?

$695 for apps
$300 for suit
$50 for alterations on suit
$1200 for three interviews

grand total = $2200-ish

i have to work more hrs at the pharmacy now to pay the bills :(

pharmhopeful

10+ Year Member
Jan 26, 2007
San Francisco, CA
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
$335 PharmCAS
$1043 Travel expenses (Live in SoCal. Have flown to Sacramento then had to get to Stockton for UOP and stay in a hotel, Have flown to Oakland and stayed with family for UCSF, Am flying to Spokane for a WSU interview...need a hotel for that, too)
$380 Supplemental application fees
$500 ACP deposit
$35 or so on Transcripts

So, around $2308 so far.

Pricey Pricey!

islandgirl

10+ Year Member
Jan 21, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
$275 Pharmcas
$90 application fee for non-pharmcas participating school
$200 supp. app fees
$160 suit/shoes
~$600 travel expenses to California

TOTAL: $1325..:eek:

PolarBear21

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 7, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
a million dollars..

no but it seems like it, 75% of the money i have spent though was on my Touro deposit of a million dollars.. no its actually 2k, but wow did that hurt my financial circumstances..

About the Ads

pharmhopeful

10+ Year Member
Jan 26, 2007
San Francisco, CA
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
a million dollars..

no but it seems like it, 75% of the money i have spent though was on my Touro deposit of a million dollars.. no its actually 2k, but wow did that hurt my financial circumstances..

I totally thought that the $500 Albany deposit was outrageous until I heard that Touro requires $2K! ....then I found out that most private schools require around $500 anyway and then it ($500) didn't seem quite as ridiculous. Congratulations on Touro, though! :) I have some friends interviewing there this month.

sputnik25

10+ Year Member
Feb 2, 2007
SoCal
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
Pharmcas was a rip off the only school i needed it for was western and they denied me. Didn't buy a new suit just wore some dockers and a dress shirt. I also took the PCAT and registered late. Total $500 + or - $50. Would have been a lot more if I decided to go to hawaii for an interveiw but I decided I was very happy with LLUSP. Plus 500 bones to hold my spot

JJRAZ

10+ Year Member
Feb 23, 2007
Arizona
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
I spent quite a bit...
New Suit and Shoes..$400
Phramcas about $400
UofA about $70
Supp Apps about $300
Transcripts about $70

Minnesota 26th of Jan
Plane ticket: $200
Rental Car $150
Food: $50
Stayed with family

Midwestern CPG 29th of Jan
Gas $10

University of Arizona 2nd of Feb
Gas $50

Midwestern CCP Feb 12th
Plane Ticket $200
Hotel for 2 nights $140
Rental Car $140
Food$ 50

So I spent somewhere around $2200-2300, but but it was well worth it, got accepted to every school I interviewed at, canceled Iowa and Colorado Visits. Going to attend UofA

smallkitty00

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 18, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
If I get in, I do not mind spending more money or working longer hours.....SO SADDDDDDDDDDD NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW. I check my missed calls and voice mail like every 5 mins or so just to see if Western or LLU have called....

senzabee

10+ Year Member
Jul 4, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
To update my earlier tally, my last school I was waiting for invited me to an interview!!! But, it's going to cost me about $1000 ($600 flight + $400 hotel), so that'll bring my cost (if I go) to about $2500 :scared: . I have no idea if I should go now :( that's the exact same cost it was for me to go to my other THREE interviews! Geez, I don't know what to do...

smallkitty00

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 18, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
When did you interveiw at LLU smallkitty00

I've been waiting for LLU to call me for an interview......sorry for not being so clear. I only interviewed at USC back in November and was put on active consideration.

Best of luck to you. :)

TheHillCrew

10+ Year Member
Jan 24, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
Pharmcas: 375
Applications: 350
Acceptance deposit: 500
Plane Ticket: 250
Total: 1475

Maybe another 700 on another deposit because I am still deciding where I want to go. This would bring my total to 2175.

Pharmcat

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 2, 2005
Amarillo, Texas
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
Application fees $315
Travel expense $300
frantic last minute pantyhose purchase because I tried ironing my pantyhose $3.98 :laugh:

Pharmcat

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 2, 2005
Amarillo, Texas
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
I agree. Although I didn't turn down any acceptance to Pharmacy school, I did turn down interview requests which was hard for me to do.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.