davincicode

Bio-Linguist
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 19, 2004
Status
So...for thos of us seniors who have a major case of senioritis and find it VERY difficult to motivate ourselves... How much CAN we slack off and still be okay? Anyone have any idea? I mean... would it hurt getting a C or so once you're already in... it shouldn't, right?

Adapt

2K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 18, 2003
Visit site
Status
If you get a D, F, or more than 3 Cs, that would be grounds for your acceptance being taken away. You will then have to reapply because of this. Tread carefully.

About the Ads

exmike

NOR * CAL
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 19, 2003
Bay Area
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
Remeber that certain (usually competitive) specialties require your undergraduate transcript during the match process.

CalBeE

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 14, 2003
Visit site
Status
Originally posted by exmike
Remeber that certain (usually competitive) specialties require your undergraduate transcript during the match process.
I heard the same too...and some also ask for your MCAT score. That's why I think it's good to stick to the end and end good.

With that being said, my last final as an undergrad's tomorrow (I'm on the quarter system). After that, I'm unofficially not an undergrad anymore :D

DrBodacious

15+ Year Member
Oct 13, 2003
Woah, I've never heard that before! Which specialties have you heard that about? ENT?? I've got decent grades, but nothing impressive. My undergrad school is hardly impressive. I was hoping I could start afresh in med school.l

missmod

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 15, 2002
Philadelphia
Visit site
Status
On an additional note...

How much do spring grades matter to schools where you're waitlisted? I am slacking off so much since I've already gotten into a school that I want to go to... but I want to get off the waitlist to Penn too!

Alexander99

Ghetto Fabulous
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 17, 2003
San Diego
Visit site
Status
A lot of schools use very loose terms in their acceptance letters. Many of them say that you have to maintain the level of performance you had as an applicant. So I guess for all you 4.0 students out there, the pressure is on! Get one A- or B+ and your acceptances to Harvard go out the window.

:D

Originally posted by Alexander99
A lot of schools use very loose terms in their acceptance letters. Many of them say that you have to maintain the level of performance you had as an applicant. So I guess for all you 4.0 students out there, the pressure is on! Get one A- or B+ and your acceptances to Harvard go out the window.

:D
Nah, it's not that serious. My letters just have the "satisfactory completion of requirements thing"

I think most want you to just finish up your degree and that's it. At least that's what my acceptance letters seem to suggest.....

TRUE

slacker extraordinaire
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 12, 2004
NYC
www.mdapplicants.com
Status
I have heard that as well, but personally I'll believe it when I see it. Your undergrad performence is not going to throw your STEP 1, med school grades, and evaluations out the window... I think they care more if your surgical evaluator thought you were any good versus whether you got a B in orgo or not.

About the Ads