Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

So how well do you have to do once you're accepted?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by davincicode, Mar 24, 2004.

1. davincicode

davincicode Bio-Linguist
    7+ Year Member

So...for thos of us seniors who have a major case of senioritis and find it VERY difficult to motivate ourselves... How much CAN we slack off and still be okay? Anyone have any idea? I mean... would it hurt getting a C or so once you're already in... it shouldn't, right?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Adapt

Adapt 2K Member
    7+ Year Member

If you get a D, F, or more than 3 Cs, that would be grounds for your acceptance being taken away. You will then have to reapply because of this. Tread carefully.

4. medhopeful08

medhopeful08 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

5. exmike

exmike NOR * CAL
    10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    Remeber that certain (usually competitive) specialties require your undergraduate transcript during the match process.

6. CalBeE

7+ Year Member

I heard the same too...and some also ask for your MCAT score. That's why I think it's good to stick to the end and end good.

With that being said, my last final as an undergrad's tomorrow (I'm on the quarter system). After that, I'm unofficially not an undergrad anymore :D

7. DrBodacious

10+ Year Member

Woah, I've never heard that before! Which specialties have you heard that about? ENT?? I've got decent grades, but nothing impressive. My undergrad school is hardly impressive. I was hoping I could start afresh in med school.l

8. missmod

missmod Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

On an additional note...

How much do spring grades matter to schools where you're waitlisted? I am slacking off so much since I've already gotten into a school that I want to go to... but I want to get off the waitlist to Penn too!

9. Alexander99

Alexander99 Ghetto Fabulous
    7+ Year Member

A lot of schools use very loose terms in their acceptance letters. Many of them say that you have to maintain the level of performance you had as an applicant. So I guess for all you 4.0 students out there, the pressure is on! Get one A- or B+ and your acceptances to Harvard go out the window.

:D

10. Nah, it's not that serious. My letters just have the "satisfactory completion of requirements thing"

I think most want you to just finish up your degree and that's it. At least that's what my acceptance letters seem to suggest.....

11. TRUE

TRUE slacker extraordinaire
    7+ Year Member

I have heard that as well, but personally I'll believe it when I see it. Your undergrad performence is not going to throw your STEP 1, med school grades, and evaluations out the window... I think they care more if your surgical evaluator thought you were any good versus whether you got a B in orgo or not.