• Scariest Story Contest

Now that it's getting close to Halloween, we're running a contest to hear your scariest stories! These can be scary stories that you've experienced or stories that you've heard and the story with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

So how well do you have to do once you're accepted?

davincicode

Bio-Linguist
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 19, 2004
    So...for thos of us seniors who have a major case of senioritis and find it VERY difficult to motivate ourselves... How much CAN we slack off and still be okay? Anyone have any idea? I mean... would it hurt getting a C or so once you're already in... it shouldn't, right?

About the Ads

CalBeE

7+ Year Member
    15+ Year Member
    Dec 14, 2003
      Originally posted by exmike
      Remeber that certain (usually competitive) specialties require your undergraduate transcript during the match process.

I heard the same too...and some also ask for your MCAT score. That's why I think it's good to stick to the end and end good.

With that being said, my last final as an undergrad's tomorrow (I'm on the quarter system). After that, I'm unofficially not an undergrad anymore :D

DrBodacious

15+ Year Member
      Oct 13, 2003
        Remeber that certain (usually competitive) specialties require your undergraduate transcript during the match process.

Woah, I've never heard that before! Which specialties have you heard that about? ENT?? I've got decent grades, but nothing impressive. My undergrad school is hardly impressive. I was hoping I could start afresh in med school.l

missmod

10+ Year Member
        15+ Year Member
        Jun 16, 2002
        Philadelphia
          On an additional note...

How much do spring grades matter to schools where you're waitlisted? I am slacking off so much since I've already gotten into a school that I want to go to... but I want to get off the waitlist to Penn too!

Alexander99

Ghetto Fabulous
          7+ Year Member
          15+ Year Member
          Sep 17, 2003
          San Diego
            A lot of schools use very loose terms in their acceptance letters. Many of them say that you have to maintain the level of performance you had as an applicant. So I guess for all you 4.0 students out there, the pressure is on! Get one A- or B+ and your acceptances to Harvard go out the window.

:D

Originally posted by Alexander99
            A lot of schools use very loose terms in their acceptance letters. Many of them say that you have to maintain the level of performance you had as an applicant. So I guess for all you 4.0 students out there, the pressure is on! Get one A- or B+ and your acceptances to Harvard go out the window.

:D

Nah, it's not that serious. My letters just have the "satisfactory completion of requirements thing"

I think most want you to just finish up your degree and that's it. At least that's what my acceptance letters seem to suggest.....

TRUE

slacker extraordinaire
            7+ Year Member
            15+ Year Member
            Jan 12, 2004
            NYC
            www.mdapplicants.com

I have heard that as well, but personally I'll believe it when I see it. Your undergrad performence is not going to throw your STEP 1, med school grades, and evaluations out the window... I think they care more if your surgical evaluator thought you were any good versus whether you got a B in orgo or not.

About the Ads
              This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
              2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
              3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
              4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
              5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
              6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
              7. This thread is locked.