So I called Chicago Med for january's results

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mr. E

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
and I found out that I was not accepted. I didnt get rejected, but I will have to wait for the next adcom meeting. What a drag. The admissions guy said they accepted 75 people today. He also said that though it wasnt good that I wasnt accepted, they had run out of time and I would get a second look. If it sounds confusing, I feel the same way. Any body know anything about what the schools admission process is?

Members don't see this ad.

What they told me when I interviewed (Jan 4) is that they meet once a month (they told me that they would meet at the end of Jan, apparently a bit late with that one), and that some people would be accepted, but if not, then the files are reviewed at each meeting until either A) acceptance, or B) it's May. They told me that they reject no one post-interview until May at the earliest. So I guess, in some weird way, it's kinda like being waitlisted. Hope that helps. Good luck. :)

Thanks, Im getting used to waitlists. This my third. Bye the way, I think we were there on the same day. Good luck whenever you call

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you call them up and just ask for your status? Do you think they already got around to calling the accepted applicants?

I don't believe they actually call people. You'd have to call them. So far, I've been too chicken to call. :scared:

Oh, by the way, Mr. E, I was the only girl there that day in a dark brown suit. :thumbup:

akpete said:
I don't believe they actually call people. You'd have to call them. So far, I've been too chicken to call. :scared:

Oh, by the way, Mr. E, I was the only girl there that day in a dark brown suit. :thumbup:

I called this morning and they told me to call after 12:00, because that is when the decisions are official. So I just called and I got accepted. My first acceptance...it feels good.

Me too, me too. I'm in, I'm in.
My 1st acceptance yippee skippee.

RunMimi said:
This happened to me with Pritzker. I was delayed until the next meeting and then waitlisted. So I would think that's a storng possibility for you too, but who knows? I figure I put all this time (those dang secondary questions!) and money towards it, so I'll just wait it out for now. It's funny though because I've been accepted at better schools. Goes to show you they look at the fit as much or more than academic record.

From what I was told, they ran out of time during the meeting. I am not sure how or why that happened, but I guess they had many more files before mine came up. They also said that it was not really a bad thing to not get in.....whatever that means. When I got on the GWU waitlist, they also said dont worry they accept a lot from the wait list. Problem is that I am worried, and waiting sucks!!

is it just me or.. is chicago med(finch) is accepting really generously. Like not so competitive numbered people are getting in? do you guys feel that? or is it just me. Be honest, i just wanna know.

Zomo33 said:
is it just me or.. is chicago med(finch) is accepting really generously. Like not so competitive numbered people are getting in? do you guys feel that? or is it just me. Be honest, i just wanna know.

They have 8,000 applications, interview 650, and have an entering class of 165. So your stats have to be better than your competition. They can't have more more people enter than what they have space for, so honestly I don't think it is generous at all.

While they may not be generous history shows their entering classes' stats are lower than other schools. They have a strange way of selecting people - I know at least a dozen kids who all had amazing stats and applied to Finch as a somewhat safety school. Most were denied interviews. They ended up going to top 25 schools. They surmise that Finch knew they had a good chance at other schools so didn't bother with them as not many people with great stats rank Finch as their #1 choice. Who knows though.

yea that mite be true, i kno watju mean. Anyways, to answer the other dude's response.. 8000 applicants rite? 650 people get interviews huh? class is 165 eh? u skipped the stats about how many people get accepted. 500? i dunno... that's a guess.

Zomo33 said:
yea that mite be true, i kno watju mean. Anyways, to answer the other dude's response.. 8000 applicants rite? 650 people get interviews huh? class is 165 eh? u skipped the stats about how many people get accepted. 500? i dunno... that's a guess.

Exactly. You don't know...neither do I. That is an unpublished figure; however, 500 seems a little high. Don't you think?

Members don't see this ad :)
Addicted To SDN said:
Exactly. You don't know...neither do I. That is an unpublished figure; however, 500 seems a little high. Don't you think?
i thought they have 185 spots in the class, which is about the same as Tufts. And Tufts accepted around 490 ppl last yr (on their website), so I guess Finch will accept around that number, prob in the interval [470, 520] .... I'm just guessing

Addicted To SDN said:

Exactly, we're not for sure. But if tufts accepts that much, I DON'T think that IS A HIGH NUMBER AT ALL. So, knowing that TUFTS is a BETTER school than CHICAGO MED, 500 DOES NOT SEEM HIGH. Don't you think?

Wdup said:
Exactly, we're not for sure. But if tufts accepts that much, I DON'T think that IS A HIGH NUMBER AT ALL. So, knowing that TUFTS is a BETTER school than CHICAGO MED, 500 DOES NOT SEEM HIGH. Don't you think?

Yeah we could compare the averages to other schools, but that is an estimation. So 500 may not seem high. No one really knows.

I dont get what the argument is here? It's an american med school.

Addicted To SDN said:
Yeah we could compare the averages to other schools, but that is an estimation. So 500 may not seem high. No one really knows.

boyz of 4d said:
I dont get what the argument is here? It's an american med school.

there is no argument. just facts. of course it's an american med school. SOME ARE BETTER THAN OTHERS. SOME PEOPLE HAVE HIGHER GOALS THAN OTHERS. and if that's what makes them happy, then let it be.

Wdup said:
there is no argument. just facts. of course it's an american med school. SOME ARE BETTER THAN OTHERS. SOME PEOPLE HAVE HIGHER GOALS THAN OTHERS. and if that's what makes them happy, then let it be.

there is no argument...we are just trying to figure out how many students are extended acceptances. :D

I can’t believe the arrogance of some people. Maybe Chicago Medical recognizes people with integrity, that will make wonderful, caring doctors. Chicago Medical places its graduates into top residencies every year and if you aren’t careful one of them might be your boss someday

Wdup said:

I think this statement is one of the most arrogant I have ever seen on this forum. :thumbdown:

At my interview they said this is the batch is the one they accept the most kids from (january review).

Addicted To SDN said:
there is no argument...we are just trying to figure out how many students are extended acceptances. :D

Wdup said:

You are like the biggest P R I C K I have ever seen on SDN. There you go, it is in big letters so you can understand it. Is making others feel bad your thing? Does that get you off? Try another profession jack-ass.

futuredocter said:
You are like the biggest P R I C K I have ever seen on SDN. There you go, it is in big letters so you can understand it. Is making others feel bad your thing? Does that get you off? Try another profession jack-ass.
:laugh: :thumbup:

futuredocter said:

I am a P-R to the I-C-K. Zomo33 and addictedtoSDN, holla. fun where this is heading!

Zomo33 said:
I am a P-R to the I-C-K. Zomo33 and addictedtoSDN, holla. fun where this is heading!

NO!.. I AM the P-R to the icky ficky I-C-K. that was aimed at me!

futuredocter said:

I wanted to say that, but I was afraid of starting a war. I am glad someone did.

hey addicted to SDN, are you going to ros. franklin, or waiting to hear from other places? just wondering, as i'm most likely going there.

Addicted To SDN said:
I wanted to say that, but I was afraid of starting a war. I am glad someone did.

sunUCB said:
hey addicted to SDN, are you going to ros. franklin, or waiting to hear from other places? just wondering, as i'm most likely going there.

Hey I am not sure yet. Its a great school; however, I am waiting to hear from my state school. So we will see. Let me know if you end up going there.

So I finally got over being a chicken and called them this afternoon. I am accepted!! What a huge relief as this is my first acceptance (and 1 waitlist).

congrats akpete. any of you guys who got in to this school, or will go to this school.. are you guys sports fans? just wanna see if any of yall like basketball or what not.

definitely a sports fan...especially basketball. are you going to ros. franklin?

Zomo33 said:
congrats akpete. any of you guys who got in to this school, or will go to this school.. are you guys sports fans? just wanna see if any of yall like basketball or what not.

sunUCB said:
definitely a sports fan...especially basketball. are you going to ros. franklin?

yes! that's good to hear someone likes balling. haha. yea, i mite end up goin to chicago med. when did you have your interview?

Did anyone who found out this month that they were accepted receive the acceptance letter from RFUMS yet? They were supposed to been sent out on Monday, Feb 14!

whatheck said:
Did anyone who found out this month that they were accepted receive the acceptance letter from RFUMS yet? They were supposed to been sent out on Monday, Feb 14!

I did!

so they review applications once a month.. does anyone know when this occurs? end of the month? mid? beginning?

if my interview is this upcoming week, when do you think i'll find out?

i'm trying to plan ahead, for whether or not i have to take the april mcat.. i reallllyy don't want to.

echinoderm: whatever you do, don't rush into taking the mcat. unless you can SUBSTANTIALLY improve your score, it's just not wise. as to your question about RFUMS committee meeting, you'll have to ask them day of your interview. Sorry.

Addicted To SDN: when was your interview? and when did your letter come? I'm trying to understand if they send out letters according to interview date or by region.

whatheck said:
echinoderm: whatever you do, don't rush into taking the mcat. unless you can SUBSTANTIALLY improve your score, it's just not wise. as to your question about RFUMS committee meeting, you'll have to ask them day of your interview. Sorry.

Addicted To SDN: when was your interview? and when did your letter come? I'm trying to understand if they send out letters according to interview date or by region.

February 8th...I got it on Thursday I think.