so i dont need all my pre-rq's to apply rgiht?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hilikus

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I already have a degree. Back in school to get the pre-rq's done. My goal is to take the MCAT april 2005 and to apply June 2005. If I do this I will not have completed 6 of the required bio's because of my full-time work schedule.

my concern is two-fold:

1) I shouldn't be conerned about the MCAT because the bio is just gen 1 & 2, correct?

2)Most schools let you apply without completing the required coursework as long as you are complete by matriculation, I am correct in this thought?

Right now my plan is to take gchem 1 & 2 this summer and hopefully calculus. Bio2, Orgo 1, and Phys 1 this fall. Then Orgo 2 and Phys 2 spring 2005 and then taking MCAT april 2005.

Does anyone see any problems with this?

i'm all for suggestions...

thanks in advance..

Members don't see this ad.

Six bio classes? What med school are you applying to? Most med schools require two semesters of intro bio plus lab. A lot of med schools also require one semester of biochemstry (although many folks take that after they apply but before they matriculate). USC requies advanced molecular or cell bio, but that's pretty unusual.

sounds like you got a good plan. good luck man!

Members don't see this ad :)
schools i know of just require completion before you start there, not pre-application