So I got a C in Physics 1, am I totally screwed? Retake?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BeginAgain

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, guys. So it happened. My worst nightmare came true in that physics actually seems to be my Achilles Heal. I'm not sure what the next step is after this C, I kind of feel horrible about it and am not sure if I should retake the course or see what happens in physics 2.
How bad is the situation in general after a C in a major pre req like physics l?

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Dont retake, 1 c doesnt matter, study harder for phys 2

Reactions: 1 user
Do you know why you got that grade? Do you know how to get an A should you continue onto Physics II? What changes will you make?

Don't retake, but don't assume success next semester either.

Members don't see this ad :)
I received a C in Calculus and still was accepted into medical school. You must either go to a physics tutor or meet with the professor for help. You also need to start pulling in as many A's as you can.

Got a C+ in orgo 1, C in calculus, B- in gen chem II, and a W in a bio class....yet here I am still going to med school.

Reactions: 4 users
I got a C in calculus, felt crushed at the time, refocused and aced calc 2 and 3 in the following semesters. Made it to med school just fine. I did ultimately go back and get an A in calc 1 a few years later, but that was more to prove a point to myself than anything else (your original grade won't be replaced for med school purposes). Point is -- Cs happen, and it's okay.

Breathe, don't beat yourself up, but do reflect hard and pinpoint the reasons you didn't do as well as you hoped. Do better in phys 2.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Got a C+ in orgo 1, C in calculus, B- in gen chem II, and a W in a bio class....yet here I am still going to med school.
Posts like these give me so much hope, you have no idea.
I got a C in calculus, felt crushed at the time, refocused and aced calc 2 and 3 in the following semesters. Made it to med school just fine. I did ultimately go back and get an A in calc 1 a few years later, but that was more to prove a point to myself than anything else (your original grade won't be replaced for med school purposes). Point is -- Cs happen, and it's okay.

Breathe, don't beat yourself up, but do reflect hard and pinpoint the reasons you didn't do as well as you hoped. Do better in phys 2.

Definitely going to take a whole new approach for PHY 2, I seriously hope I can turn this around. I'm glad things worked out for you though!

Hey, guys. So it happened. My worst nightmare came true in that physics actually seems to be my Achilles Heal. I'm not sure what the next step is after this C, I kind of feel horrible about it and am not sure if I should retake the course or see what happens in physics 2.
How bad is the situation in general after a C in a major pre req like physics l?

Thanks in advance!
Take two of these. And contrary to pre-med delusions, one can do poorly in some classes and still get into med school.

In addition, getting anything less than an A is not a loss of face, either.
upload_2017-5-26_13-39-24.jpeg

Take two of these. And contrary to pre-med delusions, one can do poorly in some classes and still get into med school.

In addition, getting anything less than an A is not a loss of face, either.
View attachment 219508
Haha, thanks. I'll try not to let this put me down for too long.

Posts like these give me so much hope, you have no idea.

Definitely going to take a whole new approach for PHY 2, I seriously hope I can turn this around. I'm glad things worked out for you though!

In my experience, Physics 2 was very different from Physics 1. In the latter every chapter build on the last and in the former they seemed not associated at all. I cried in part 1 and aced part 2. You can as well! :)

Everyone asks this on SDN, it's not the end of the world if you received one C.

Pack that sunscreen and broom. ;)

You are fine!

Don't worry about it man. If you don't get it, there's always the Caribbean.

Reactions: 1 users