So, I got a Second Rejection letter from Nova....Thanks

needa20

10+ Year Member
Jul 18, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
As if the AADSAS and following rejection letter were not enough a month ago, NOVA felt it necessary to really rub it in by sending me a second rejection letter identical to the first...

My guess is that it was an error on their part, but come on... :rolleyes:

This may sound like me being bitter, but from what I can tell by hearing other people's stories from trying to apply and my experiance being less than professional, I may be glad for that Nova rejection; at least thats the way Im going to look at it. God will put me where He wants me :)

good luck and God bless to all who are applying

Shunwei

10+ Year Member
May 26, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Dentist
As if the AADSAS and following rejection letter were not enough a month ago, NOVA felt it necessary to really rub it in by sending me a second rejection letter identical to the first...

My guess is that it was an error on their part, but come on... :rolleyes:

This may sound like me being bitter, but from what I can tell by hearing other people's stories from trying to apply and my experiance being less than professional, I may be glad for that Nova rejection; at least thats the way Im going to look at it. God will put me where He wants me :)

good luck and God bless to all who are applying

God gets too much credit.:laugh:

Contach

10+ Year Member
Jun 6, 2008
NYC
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
all the emails Nova have sent me thus far have come in pairs.. Always one a few minutes after the previous. It's really weird..

Anyways, sorry to hear bud.

About the Ads

Bruinlove

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 13, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
i agree. make them feel bad. its not as if they can reject you twice.... or can they?

You'd better not, especially if you are interested in specializing and would like to apply to one of their residencies in the future.

DDSguyLA

10+ Year Member
Mar 12, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
You'd better not, especially if you are interested in specializing and will apply to one of their residencies.

yeah, cause they're gonna have a file in the corner of their office in which they keep EVERYTHING FOR EVER and a file on the computer...

Whenever you apply even if it's in 5 years, they'll Control F your A** and you're name will pop up and will tell them that you sent a letter 5 years ago saying you already knew. They will again reject you... :p

Dentgirl09

10+ Year Member
Sep 17, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
yeah, cause they're gonna have a file in the corner of their office in which they keep EVERYTHING FOR EVER and a file on the computer...

Whenever you apply even if it's in 5 years, they'll Control F your A** and you're name will pop up and will tell them that you sent a letter 5 years ago saying you already knew. They will again reject you... :p

hahah. I was just kidding... i suppose sarcasm doesn't come across to well via web... dah well.:rolleyes:

Contach

10+ Year Member
Jun 6, 2008
NYC
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician

lol

Bruinlove

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 13, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental

Haha, thanks for the sarcasm. I was just trying to be helpful since my orthodontist has advised me to be as polite as possible to dental school folks cuz they have very good memory.

needa20

10+ Year Member
Jul 18, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
thanks for the responses.

maybe ill send them a letter saying I already got the rejection notice as DDSLAGUY said, then Ill wait a few weeks and send them another

About the Ads

bcdds09

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 20, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
Yea, that stinks. Talk about not being organized or professional.

Well, at least you made them spend more money on postage :laugh:

supraman

Boston Celtics
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 30, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
I got rejected after the secondary, how nice of them, I just applied balls late though...

supraman

Boston Celtics
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 30, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
i applied in aug, but i took dat Oct 22nd so....yea...

cherr1pop

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 24, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
that makes... 2 letters to start your bonfire! go have some smores! forget about nova. :boom:

youngmc27

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 7, 2007
OKC
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Man that sucks that's like a slap in the face twice.:smuggrin:

harrygt

10+ Year Member
Jun 16, 2008
LA
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
send them a letter telling them you already knew...
Yeah, this is what I would do. DDSGUY got it all right.
"I had already been noticed about the rejection. The school needs to change its postman."

Last edited:

needa20

10+ Year Member
Jul 18, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
i applied in August and filled out their secondary. im not mad that i got rejected. with average stats it seems that if you want an interview, you have to apply VERY early. even some with really good stats are not getting interviews at nova, guess you need to apply may, june, or july.

anyway, im not mad about the rejection, just cant believe that they sent me the same rejection letter twice....I can almost laugh about it.

When I got a letter from them yesterday, it almost got my hopes up because i had already been rejected, i thought well, maybe they re-reviewed me or something...

oh well

About the Ads
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.