So I got my score back

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

koshka77

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I got a 205/83.
Does that completely suck? What are my options now as far as specialties and hospitals? I would appreciate any advice/experience that you all could share with me. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Jesus man, seeing the title of your post I thought you're probably on the verge of jummping out of the window, after failing the exam for the tenth time in a row!! Ok, so you can't join Harrvard anymore, is that such a big deal for you?? I'm sure there are plenty of places available out there for people that did below average but still have a solid pass, like yourself. Besides, you can still make a good imression by improving in step 2 and doing well in your interviews.

Oh, and just to cheer you up a bit, a friend of mine got 80 in step 1 in his SECOND chance, and is in a University programm in IM somewhere in Missouri right now. AND he was an IMG.

If you really like a specialty, go for it. There is one specialty that I really like, but my step 1 score is one point below the normal cutoff for most of the programs with that specialty - but I will still go for that specialty - just will have to take step 2 early and do other things to improve my chances.

ktat, where do you get the information about step 1 "cutoffs" for your desired specialty?