So I just went to drop in counseling....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

12345a

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
and the counselor told me that to stay an extra semester, I would need to take the minimum unit load each semester until I graduate. The problem isn't fitting in all the prereqs and upper div major requirements (what i have left) but even if my grades are good, will it look bad that I've only taken 13 units each semester?

Members don't see this ad.

Do you have to take the minimum load to qualify for scholarship/ pell grants?

ADCOMs do like to see a few core science classes each semester.

Do you have to take the minimum load to qualify for scholarship/ pell grants?

no, i need to take the minimum so I can stay under 130 units. At 130 units or more students of L&S can't enroll at UC Berkeley and are forced to graduate...

I guess I dont understand your situation then and why you wouldnt just graduate as soon as you can. Regardless of the reasoning, they just dont like to see light loads on a consistent basis.

At a presentation yesterday the NOVA dean said they need to see you're prepared for dental school when you could be taking 13 science midterms in 1 week for example.

This semester im taking 14 credits (5 hr chem, 6 bio) because I am studying for the DAT, but next semester I will probably go back to around 16. I think schools would rather see a 17 hr semester of 3.6 than a 12 hr semester of 4.0. Hope all goes well.