So, I left medical school.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will take my concrete jungle. My bitchy people. The pollution. The traffic. The headache of getting around. All of it. Over pretty much any other major city in the world.

And Fancy's gotten around quite a bit. Mwahaha :X
Take it? You can freakin' have it. Groce.

I've still never had a good pizza from NYC, btw. Like, I've had some okay pizza, but never anything that really wowed me. Any suggestions? I'm almost starting to wonder if "good NY pizza" is more a myth than a reality.
tumblr_inline_naxtieLNa81r1jtxd.gif

Prove to me it isn't a lie.

Members don't see this ad.

aaand commence the nonsensical arguing that led me to my reasoning in the first place that I'd rather contribute to a field where people will willingly hear out other intelligent individuals (YES, EVEN FEMALES -- GASP, WE ARE INTELLIGENT TOO), and get out of one where everyone is on a self-fulfilling power trip to nowhere. And when you go to bed at night, I hope you have a nice, sexy hand stroking each of your individual egos. Or maybe you'll just go and jerk off to your recent publication on PubMed. Get a grip. Embarrassing, for any of you who spent your genuinely valuable time reading this and felt the need to put me down or anyone else. You might get a thrill out of intimidating one another, but the amount of intimidation you evoke in me is absolute zero. Zero kelvin.
e02904ced5a4f41296a422294d6aa61665bde40af08cac3c94af75183b385432_1.gif

Something I learned pretty early on is that there is never anything legitimately worth using the caps lock key for on SDN. A lot of it is trolls trolling trolls trolling trolls. Trolls, jerks, and bullies feed on the anger and butthurt they induce, and typing in all caps is like giving them a plate of filet mignon. It's better to ignore people than let them get a rise out of you, both for yourself (because if you get too pissed you're setting yourself up to say something that'll get you banned) and to deprive them of the pleasure. Make your point, but make it carefully. Don't let on that you're upset, because this is the internet, and nothing is worse than letting on that your jimmies are rustled.

Liked the post tho :D

Reactions: 1 users

I've still never had a good pizza from NYC, btw. Like, I've had some okay pizza, but never anything that really wowed me. Any suggestions? I'm almost starting to wonder if "good NY pizza" is more a myth than a reality.

It is 100% a myth.

Also, any city that has more rats than people should immediately be avoided.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)

It's not a myth. I'll trade you EM Jay.

Mac and cheese date this summer for a pizza tour of nyc

S'barro's obviously. No but really, you might have to go to the outer boroughs for the best pizza.

e02904ced5a4f41296a422294d6aa61665bde40af08cac3c94af75183b385432_1.gif

Something I learned pretty early on is that there is never anything legitimately worth using the caps lock key for on SDN. A lot of it is trolls trolling trolls trolling trolls. Trolls, jerks, and bullies feed on the anger and butthurt they induce, and typing in all caps is like giving them a plate of filet mignon. It's better to ignore people than let them get a rise out of you, both for yourself (because if you get too pissed you're setting yourself up to say something that'll get you banned) and to deprive them of the pleasure. Make your point, but make it carefully. Don't let on that you're upset, because this is the internet, and nothing is worse than letting on that your jimmies are rustled.

Liked the post tho :D

I'm actually hoping to get banned.

both POS cities. enjoy your overpriced real estate

Members don't see this ad :)
so i'm at costco today and i want one of their pizzas. i normally go for the traditional pepperoni, but my cart was hella full and i was out of room. so i opt for the relatively small deep dish version and because, why not? first off, that ish took like 53 minutes to cook plus pre-heating time. i mean, that's a really long thought-to-mouth period. secondly, i had, literally, 1/8th of this thing, and i feel like i need stat gastric bypass surgery. don't get me wrong - every bite was delicious. but some things are delicious without trying. i mean, i feel like espousing the superiority of chicago style pizza is something that people do when they would otherwise be at a state fair shoving fried snickers into their pieholes.

Reactions: 1 users
so i'm at costco today and i want one of their pizzas. i normally go for the traditional pepperoni, but my cart was hella full and i was out of room. so i opt for the relatively small deep dish version and because, why not? first off, that ish took like 53 minutes to cook plus pre-heating time. i mean, that's a really long thought-to-mouth period. secondly, i had, literally, 1/8th of this thing, and i feel like i need stat gastric bypass surgery. don't get me wrong - every bite was delicious. but some things are delicious without trying. i mean, i feel like espousing the superiority of chicago style pizza is something that people do when they would otherwise be at a state fair shoving fried snickers into their pieholes.

Deep dish pizza = casserole = not real pizza :D

Glad you saw the light!

lol this post is another reason why you are my hero

I saw a picture of a fried Snickers and was thoroughly disgusted. What a waste. On another note, you should change your tagline to "Delightfully Funny."
picUlOcIV.jpg

@madjack is it weird that I hope to meet you in person one day? :rofl:
Considering @madjack doesn't exist anymore, yeah, it's pretty weird :laugh:

I'm pretty sure there was an @madjack back when I started, but the poor guy must've deleted his account to dodge all the constant accidental tags. I'm @Mad Jack with capitals and spaces and everything, because I ****ing love proper capitalization and punctuation.

Considering @madjack doesn't exist anymore, yeah, it's pretty weird :laugh:

I'm pretty sure there was an @madjack back when I started, but the poor guy must've deleted his account to dodge all the constant accidental tags. I'm @Mad Jack with capitals and spaces and everything, because I ****ing love proper capitalization and punctuation.

No. You're EM Jay/lactation counselor4lyfe

TBT; I never did Space Camp and hated it when other kids in my class went and were all "Omg awesome".

But, I think I'm going to spend my free time making a video for medical school just like that except white coats instead of space suits. Actually, I may keep the space suits.

@fancymylotus don't mess with ChiTownBHawks. He straight from the East Chicago/Gary hood. He dont play that weak NYC ****

What's Gary? Their equivalent of Bed Stuy or something? That's adorbs.

I feel like I can make statements about the Midwest now as I've spent so much time there. And the food scene sucks. The shopping sucks. The weather sucks. 99.9999% of the people I meet, I instantly can't stand. What else. Oh. It's a miracle I haven't told anyone to go play in traffic or DIAF yet. But I've gotten close.

Now I am going back to sleep. Today is tax day and I am extra angry.

New York City.jpg

This is also something in NYC you would be unlikely to find in Evansville, Indiana.

I'm not saying that's a good thing or a bad thing.

Reactions: 2 users
It appears that everyone has forgotten the admonishment about unproductive and off topic posts. Since this is no longer about a person's reasons for leaving medical school, it will be closed. Those who prefer OT posts are reminded about the existence of The Lounge.

Reactions: 4 users
Status
Not open for further replies.