So I spoke to a few pharmacists in my area....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
optometry isn't all that hard to get into either. everyone i knew who applied got in somewhere with similar stats of pharmacy admissions, which is like 3.2-3.9 GPA. Even just looking at avg acceptance GPA for optometry school, it's like 3.4 at UC Berkeley. Let's not get ahead of ourselves. If people go into pharmacy expected to be called Dr, then they have no clue what happens in the field.

Lol yeah I agree

Members don't see this ad.

It's crazy what's happening now, there are still blind people who don't realize it

Last edited:
I think they do realize it, they just don't want to. I might make a thread explaining what just happened to my friends recently too.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I think they do realize it, they just don't want to. I might make a thread explaining what just happened to my friends recently too.

Also a lot of students get in thinking that if they work "hard enough", "stand out", and "be the best" they will be shielded from saturation. Problem is that that many students tend to overestimate their abilities and work ethic and the number of job openings do not match up to the number of students graduating each year, so you are bound to have many unemployed or underemployed new grads.

Just take the Hunger Games an an example. Everyone thinks they will win but there can only really be one winner. May the odds be in your favor.

Sent from my SM-N910V using SDN mobile

Reactions: 2 users
Also a lot of students get in thinking that if they work "hard enough", "stand out", and "be the best" they will be shielded from saturation. Problem is that that many students tend to overestimate their abilities and work ethic and the number of job openings do not match up to the number of students graduating each year, so you are bound to have many unemployed or underemployed new grads.

Just take the Hunger Games an an example. Everyone thinks they will win but there can only really be one winner. May the odds be in your favor.

Sent from my SM-N910V using SDN mobile

The national employment growth has decreased exponentially to BELOW national average of ALL jobs....that speaks for itself. Pre-pharmers who don't believe me go talk to pharmacists and graduates like I did and go onto the US labor site. I was like you guys a lot it's insane how eye opening one convo can be with an actual pharmacy student and pharmacist.

Reactions: 1 users
Jesus...there really are lots of desperate and low knowledge students here about the field. Someone seriously needs to make some video or anything to expose pharmacy schools for what they really are now.

Reactions: 1 user
Jesus...there really are lots of desperate and low knowledge students here about the field. Someone seriously needs to make some video or anything to expose pharmacy schools for what they really are now.

Believe me...I was one of those ill-informed students...I took action for myself and explored to go find out for my own benefit. But now, everyone needs to go see the field, go talk to any local pharmacist:s, fresh graduates, go ahead. I'm not even trying to ruin anything for you guys, seriously go save yourself. In the long run, those who are blind and don't listen will honestly suffer from their mistakes. They have been warned countless times.

Gotta admit...I feel like I was def one of those

I hear Nurse practitioners are very in demand and even replace physicians nowadays in many metropolitan hospitals. Nursing only takes two years and then you can apply for NP while on a nurses salary. Highly considering this now. Best of all...I won't have to move to another city to even look for a damn job. My nursing friends makes around 80-85k in the east coast, and one is currently applying to NP school, and man are they happy. One of them even considered pharmacy like I did, but he was super smart about it and now is making money while people in pharmacy programs are complaining about even finding a part time job...

Reactions: 1 user