So i took the PCAT and didnt do as well as I hoped..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RenaS

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got a 57 PT composite, and so far have received two interviews before taking the exam. I am planning on retaking it, but how many schools would accept this score? I applied to LIU, UConn, Albany, Jefferson, Temple; according to pharmcas I have a 3.3 science GPA and 3.6 total+ pharmacy work experience. Also, if the schools that offered me an interview see my current PCAT score, will this affect their judgement?

Members don't see this ad.

Some of the websites say how they consider PCAT scores. Some take highest score and some average them together. If it's not on the site contact admissions and ask

If they already offered you an interview before even seeing your PCAT socre, you are probably fine. I am guessing they are the low tier schools. I doubt they care too much as long as you do ok on the interview.

It is above the minimum most schools accept which is 50. Your GPA is also low. If you want a solid chance of getting in to some of the more competitive schools, you will need to retake it.

You will also get more response in "Pre-Pharmacy" forum which is where these kinds of threads belong.