So, I'm graduating this December...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LINK1290

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What should I occupy myself with in the spring? I'll be getting my EMT-B certification this fall, so I was thinking about utilizing that to some extent. I'm also hoping to continue my research project that I'll be starting this fall. Are these good ideas, or should I be approaching my free semester in a different direction? Some secondary applications ask about what my activities will be, so I thought that I might want to have some medical- or research-related activities planned out.

Members don't see this ad.

How strong is your app? Do you need to work on improving it in case you need to reapply, or are you pretty confident?

How strong is your app? Do you need to work on improving it in case you need to reapply, or are you pretty confident?

I feel pretty confident about my app... I have a a 3.89 cGPA and a 36Q, so to be honest I'm not really concerned about having to reapply. I thought about doing EMT and research not only because that would sound good in a secondary application or in an interview, but also because I'm genuinely interested in both. I'm wondering what activities admissions committees would smile upon, though.

I feel pretty confident about my app... I have a a 3.89 cGPA and a 36Q, so to be honest I'm not really concerned about having to reapply. I thought about doing EMT and research not only because that would sound good in a secondary application or in an interview, but also because I'm genuinely interested in both. I'm wondering what activities admissions committees would smile upon, though.

Do research if you feel like it, but don't work too hard. Just have an answer if they ask you what you're up to. (Research, IMO, is a good answer.)