LINK1290

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 31, 2008
Status
Pre-Medical
What should I occupy myself with in the spring? I'll be getting my EMT-B certification this fall, so I was thinking about utilizing that to some extent. I'm also hoping to continue my research project that I'll be starting this fall. Are these good ideas, or should I be approaching my free semester in a different direction? Some secondary applications ask about what my activities will be, so I thought that I might want to have some medical- or research-related activities planned out.

elftown

10+ Year Member
Dec 30, 2008
Status
Attending Physician
i'm in the same boat. i will either be: strengthening my application if i don't get in. or, just enjoying life. reading, learning piano, learning german (perhaps), running, riding my bicycle, did i mention reading? i haven't had time for a book in far too long.

JJMrK

J to the J
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Apr 27, 2007
Status
Resident [Any Field]
How strong is your app? Do you need to work on improving it in case you need to reapply, or are you pretty confident?

OP
L

LINK1290

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 31, 2008
Status
Pre-Medical
How strong is your app? Do you need to work on improving it in case you need to reapply, or are you pretty confident?
I feel pretty confident about my app... I have a a 3.89 cGPA and a 36Q, so to be honest I'm not really concerned about having to reapply. I thought about doing EMT and research not only because that would sound good in a secondary application or in an interview, but also because I'm genuinely interested in both. I'm wondering what activities admissions committees would smile upon, though.

JJMrK

J to the J
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Apr 27, 2007
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I feel pretty confident about my app... I have a a 3.89 cGPA and a 36Q, so to be honest I'm not really concerned about having to reapply. I thought about doing EMT and research not only because that would sound good in a secondary application or in an interview, but also because I'm genuinely interested in both. I'm wondering what activities admissions committees would smile upon, though.
Do research if you feel like it, but don't work too hard. Just have an answer if they ask you what you're up to. (Research, IMO, is a good answer.)