So I'm in my car listening to the radio.....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted74029

and this ad comes on about a local food bank. A food distribution facility for people in poverty. Well one of the people who apparently use the food bank gave this testimony:

"My husband just GRADUATED FROM MEDICAL SCHOOL and was looking for a job for about a month. During that time we depended on the food bank for our meals as we could not afford on own."

Anyone ever hear of someone graduating med school and all of a sudden being out of a job and damn near homeless? Thats the kind of message this lady was relaying....

Members don't see this ad.

and this ad comes on about a local food bank. A food distribution facility for people in poverty. Well one of the people who apparently use the food bank gave this testimony:

"My husband just GRADUATED FROM MEDICAL SCHOOL and was looking for a job for about a month. During that time we depended on the food bank for our meals as we could not afford on own."

Anyone ever hear of someone graduating med school and all of a sudden being out of a job and damn near homeless? Thats the kind of message this lady was relaying....

...and I'm sure those testimonials are tried and checked for accuracy. Stupid people call a lot of places "medical school."

Even on Judge Judy once some illiterate idiot claimed that he just graduated from medical school. After her probing (mostly in shock) it turned out to be a 1 year technical degree, to which she promptly corrected him.

A lot of people graduate over a month before starting residency...

If I hadn't saved a little money for this, I suppose I might be looking for work too

Members don't see this ad :)
...and I'm sure those testimonials are tried and checked for accuracy. Stupid people call a lot of places "medical school."

Even on Judge Judy once some illiterate idiot claimed that he just graduated from medical school. After her probing (mostly in shock) it turned out to be a 1 year technical degree, to which she promptly corrected him.

Lol, theres this exam that you have to take to do the phleb program where I live. The exam had arithmetic and 8th grade level algebra which was easy enough for me but this one girl couldn't pass the exam.

The test proctor mentioned she didn't pass and she said something about how she had already been through medical school and you don't really need math.

So I was intrigued, needless to say she wasn't really in medical school, she was in a med-tech program. Lol, I was going to correct her but didn't see what would be accomplished in doing so.

I work in a Family Practice office and our Physician Assistant asked one of our LPNs (who's in her early 40's and has a huge chip on her shoulder for some reason) to send a patient's blood for a CBC, etc due to hemoptysis, and then said "she's coughing up blood." The LPN replied "I know what hemoptysis means, I did go to medical school after all." The PA asked her "then why are you still working as a nurse?" and she was confused as hell. He just started laughing.