so im taking my oat on march 24

Status
Not open for further replies.

IAmTheBest35

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey everyone, i just registered for the oat and im really excited for it, so i just wanted to share my situation with you guys. so basically i bought the kaplan "2017-2018 strategies prctice & review" test book and began studying in december. i studied all the biology and took a little bit of a break. i now just finished studying all the chemistry. so in the course of about a month and a half, i got through 2 of the sections. i just began organic chemistry, and i have to finish reading comprehension, quantitative reasoning, and physics, so i figured march 24 is a good time for me to take the test. i did actually forget most of the biology material i read, so im going to have to go back and review that, and also the nintendo switch is coming out march 3, so i also had to take that into consideration when planning my test date. all in all, i think ill be relatively prepared and im hoping to get a score somewhere around 380-390 considering my gpa is around a 3.4, and id like to give myself an edge. do you guys think this is a good test date?

Members don't see this ad.

Have you taken practice tests yet? It's hard to estimate your performance based on just your study habits. When will you be applying to school?
Also, you should probably prioritize your OAT over the Switch. I understand the excitement but it will be a major distraction while preparing.
A 380-390 is a great score to aim for but it takes a lot of work to get there. Good luck.

The OAT is very different than school work so gauging your score based off your GPA isn't going to be accurate. You might just be a great test taker as well as a good student but I would advise taking a practice exam now so you know what to focus on.

Have you taken practice tests yet? It's hard to estimate your performance based on just your study habits. When will you be applying to school?
Also, you should probably prioritize your OAT over the Switch. I understand the excitement but it will be a major distraction while preparing.
A 380-390 is a great score to aim for but it takes a lot of work to get there. Good luck.
well the new zelda is coming out and I always play the new zelda. so the oat is just going to have to wait. i should be at least getting a 380 regardless. thanks for the reply

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
The OAT is very different than school work so gauging your score based off your GPA isn't going to be accurate. You might just be a great test taker as well as a good student but I would advise taking a practice exam now so you know what to focus on.
i wasn't gouging it based off my gpa, i was trying to say that i want to get at least a 380 to offset my low gpa. 3.4 and 380 sounds like a good combo to me

Oh I'm so sorry I read that wrong! Your GPA isn't that low, trust me!
lol do you really think so? i honestly don't feel that great about it. i could have easily got a 3.6 or somewhere around there but i failed a class and got a c once. i double majored in biology and biochemistry by the way

lol do you really think so? i honestly don't feel that great about it. i could have easily got a 3.6 or somewhere around there but i failed a class and got a c once. i double majored in biology and biochemistry by the way
I applied with a 2.9 GPA... so yeah lol

I'd really be interested to see how you do on your test. Everyone takes tests differently and studies differently so you might be able to kill it without preparing much. If I was going to give advice I would say if it has taken you 2 months to go through 2 sections and you have 4 sections with ~2 months left then they math doesn't add up, especially if you want to spend time playing zelda. You seem pretty confident that you will do well though so thats good. Might want to make sure you have all of the sections down weeks before the test though. Knowing the material is one thing, but being able to apply it and take a timed test is another. Best of luck!

I'd really be interested to see how you do on your test. Everyone takes tests differently and studies differently so you might be able to kill it without preparing much. If I was going to give advice I would say if it has taken you 2 months to go through 2 sections and you have 4 sections with ~2 months left then they math doesn't add up, especially if you want to spend time playing zelda. You seem pretty confident that you will do well though so thats good. Might want to make sure you have all of the sections down weeks before the test though. Knowing the material is one thing, but being able to apply it and take a timed test is another. Best of luck!
i will certainly provide my score. i know the math doesnt add up especially considering that i forgot all the biology that i studied but oh well. i just went over sn1 and sn2 reactions today and there really isn't much to it so i shouldnt have trouble remembering the details of it. for example, i told myself earlier today that for every sn2 reaction i do for the rest of my life, ill ask myself if i am forming a stereocenter so i can make sure that i am selecting the correct product. so yeah, after today i am about 1/3 of the way through the organic chemistry section which is faster progress than I expected, however, i know i have the hard 2/3 left. oh yeah, i also am a math tutor. been tutoring math for 2 1/2 years so im not really sweating the quantitative analysis and all that garbage. physics will be cake. so yeah. not worried. i also wanted to get some final fantasy xv in as well but we will see how that goes. ill keep all my fans updated on my quest to get into optometry school. i feel confident about my oat scores but not my chances about getting into a school. i feel incredibly nervous about that. but anyway. back to studying.

ok everyone it is now officially about a month before I take my oat test and I will update all my followers on how im doing. so basically i was studying organic chemistry, almost all the way through but my kitten chewed up my pages, so i ordered the book again on ebay and skipped to the physics which i am currently working on. its going ok i guess. i have also been playing zelda skyward sword, gearing up for the new one coming out. i am currently doing a 100% hero mode run, while also trying to collect 99 of each bug and treasure, and that part is time consuming, i do admit. im hoping to complete it before breath of the wild comes out on march 3, but it doesn't seem likely at this point, only because i am trying to max out my treasures.
but anyway, all in all it seems to be going well. I took a practice test for the math only and answered 34 correctly in 60 minutes. which honestly isnt too bad considering i did it in bed and in the dark. I really think doing practice tests are going to do a lot to get me where i need to be. but anyway, ive rambled enough. until next time

ok everyone it is now officially about a month before I take my oat test and I will update all my followers on how im doing. so basically i was studying organic chemistry, almost all the way through but my kitten chewed up my pages, so i ordered the book again on ebay and skipped to the physics which i am currently working on. its going ok i guess. i have also been playing zelda skyward sword, gearing up for the new one coming out. i am currently doing a 100% hero mode run, while also trying to collect 99 of each bug and treasure, and that part is time consuming, i do admit. im hoping to complete it before breath of the wild comes out on march 3, but it doesn't seem likely at this point, only because i am trying to max out my treasures.
but anyway, all in all it seems to be going well. I took a practice test for the math only and answered 34 correctly in 60 minutes. which honestly isnt too bad considering i did it in bed and in the dark. I really think doing practice tests are going to do a lot to get me where i need to be. but anyway, ive rambled enough. until next time

Your posts crack me up about Zelda LOL! I'm on the same boat about getting a Switch, but I'm going to prioritize finishing up my prerequisites!

OK everyone, as predictable as this may have been, i am not ready for the oat yet. so what i did was reschedule it to late may. i forgot exactly which day in may, but im too lazy to look it up right now so ill have to get back to you guys on that.
i am about 60 hours into the game and I just unlocked the eldin region. i have 13 heart containers and about 46 shrines completed, so i am progressing quite well. i honestly haven't opened my oat books in three weeks, but i have been thinking about when is the next time i will. it probably should be soon, but i don't know, we will see i guess.

• Haha
Your posts crack me up about Zelda LOL! I'm on the same boat about getting a Switch, but I'm going to prioritize finishing up my prerequisites!
id honestly just get one and forget about the prerequisites for now. the prerequisites and work to get into optometry school will always be there for you when you get back. that's the approach i am taking and it has been working out pretty well so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.