So it begins in Pennsylvania...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Delphian

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just got a letter from the PennSA requesting immediate PAC donation because Gov.Rendell's proposal for Healthcare Reform introduced following language:

"A CRNA shall administer anesthesia in cooperation with a physician, dentist or podiatrist. For purposes of this section, cooperation shall mean a process in which the CRNA and the physician work together with each contributing an area of expertise at the individual and respective education and training of the CRNA and the physician."

Another section of the CRNAs' proposed legislation states: "An insurer issuing health insurance coverage withing the Commonwealth is required to pay a CRNA directly for services provided..."

I don't know whether this letter is meant to scare people into generating income for the Political Action Committee, but it could be a real preview of things to come.

Problem is CRNAs are cheaper and there is a market niche for them in our very expensive medical system. I think the lawmakers will try everything to slash costs, it's much easier than actually doing real reform.

Just thought I would keep people updated.

Members don't see this ad.

Find out if the PAC will contribute any funds to inform the public that their healthcare is going to be insourced to less qualified -- read cheaper personel. I hear highschool kids are mounting a campaign to do endoscopy at 1/10th the price of doctors, hey as long as it is cheaper its good for the people right?

Public information is one of the best vaccines against the castration of medical lisencure.

:thumbup:

I guess im confused

Isnt this what the law already says? whats different?

Just got a letter from the PennSA requesting immediate PAC donation because Gov.Rendell's proposal for Healthcare Reform introduced following language:

"A CRNA shall administer anesthesia in cooperation with a physician, dentist or podiatrist. For purposes of this section, cooperation shall mean a process in which the CRNA and the physician work together with each contributing an area of expertise at the individual and respective education and training of the CRNA and the physician."

Another section of the CRNAs' proposed legislation states: "An insurer issuing health insurance coverage withing the Commonwealth is required to pay a CRNA directly for services provided..."

I don't know whether this letter is meant to scare people into generating income for the Political Action Committee, but it could be a real preview of things to come.

Problem is CRNAs are cheaper and there is a market niche for them in our very expensive medical system. I think the lawmakers will try everything to slash costs, it's much easier than actually doing real reform.

Just thought I would keep people updated.

I think "physician" is, as is "dentist ", the person requesting anesthesia services -- not the anesthesia provider.