DoctorJay87

10+ Year Member
Oct 26, 2008
Status
is it safe to assume that were not gonna be hearing much from medical schools for the next two weeks? i guess it might be better to expect nothing than to go crazy hoping to hear something

Greonis

10+ Year Member
Jul 5, 2008
Status
Medical Student
I know that some schools (such as NYMC) are offering interviews on December 22nd/23rd, so it is conceivable that their admissions offices will be open that day and that they might be processing applications/sending out news.

This is just speculation, however, so take it with a grain of salt and stick with your assumption to be on the safe side.

Bacchus

Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Apr 28, 2007
Status
Attending Physician
Maybe the forums will be less neurotic for the holiday season. hehehehe

About the Ads

Myuu

例えば、貴方の名前を忘れてしまうとか。 。。
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Sep 28, 2007
Hanging with Darmok and Jalad. In Lothlorien.
Status

linguini

Hopeful member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Aug 5, 2008
Status
Pre-Medical
Maybe the forums will be less neurotic for the holiday season. hehehehe
Hopefully. Unfortunately the neuroticism of my family will be the opposite trend during the holidays. Bracing myself already..

Tekbright510

10+ Year Member
Nov 30, 2008
Status
Pre-Medical
I think I become more neurotic everytime there is a break. Knowing that my application is lying somewhere in a dark cubicle gathering dust instead of being reviewed by some adcom member is enough to drive me bonkers! :D

chemnerd89

In it for the lulz
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 23, 2008
Status
Medical Student
Hopefully. Unfortunately the neuroticism of my family will be the opposite trend during the holidays. Bracing myself already..
My parents ask me 'any emails?' at least 3 times a day. Not cool.

mbe36

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 15, 2007
Status
Medical Student
So, should I wait until after the holidays to send in grade updates?

I am wondering if sending them tomorrow will put them at risk of being ignored/quickly set aside.

efitzpat

10+ Year Member
Jul 23, 2008
San Diego
Status
Medical Student
So, should I wait until after the holidays to send in grade updates?

I am wondering if sending them tomorrow will put them at risk of being ignored/quickly set aside.
I'm waiting until January. My fear is that some mail worker will drop them off into a giant pile of update letters, they will fall in a crack between the desk and the wall, and will never be read. Or if I send it in email, then it will take the person 2 weeks just to get through their inbox.

About the Ads