Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

so, its gonna be quiet for two weeks

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by DoctorJay87, Dec 19, 2008.

1. DoctorJay87

2+ Year Member

is it safe to assume that were not gonna be hearing much from medical schools for the next two weeks? i guess it might be better to expect nothing than to go crazy hoping to hear something

2. Greonis

10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I know that some schools (such as NYMC) are offering interviews on December 22nd/23rd, so it is conceivable that their admissions offices will be open that day and that they might be processing applications/sending out news.

This is just speculation, however, so take it with a grain of salt and stick with your assumption to be on the safe side.

3. Bacchus

Administrator Moderator Physician 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Maybe the forums will be less neurotic for the holiday season. hehehehe

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Myuu

Myuu 例えば、貴方の名前を忘れてしまうとか。 。。
    Moderator Emeritus 7+ Year Member

I like to dream, too. :laugh:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. linguini

linguini Hopeful member
    7+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Pre-Medical
    Hopefully. Unfortunately the neuroticism of my family will be the opposite trend during the holidays. Bracing myself already..

6. Tekbright510

7+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I think I become more neurotic everytime there is a break. Knowing that my application is lying somewhere in a dark cubicle gathering dust instead of being reviewed by some adcom member is enough to drive me bonkers! :D

7. chemnerd89

chemnerd89 In it for the lulz
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    My parents ask me 'any emails?' at least 3 times a day. Not cool.

8. nina7123

5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Haha. The first thing my mom asks me when she gets home from work is "anything new?". Every day. For the past 3 months

9. mbe36

5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    So, should I wait until after the holidays to send in grade updates?

I am wondering if sending them tomorrow will put them at risk of being ignored/quickly set aside.

10. efitzpat

2+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Medical Student
    I'm waiting until January. My fear is that some mail worker will drop them off into a giant pile of update letters, they will fall in a crack between the desk and the wall, and will never be read. Or if I send it in email, then it will take the person 2 weeks just to get through their inbox.