so, its gonna be quiet for two weeks

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DoctorJay87

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
is it safe to assume that were not gonna be hearing much from medical schools for the next two weeks? i guess it might be better to expect nothing than to go crazy hoping to hear something

Members don't see this ad.

I know that some schools (such as NYMC) are offering interviews on December 22nd/23rd, so it is conceivable that their admissions offices will be open that day and that they might be processing applications/sending out news.

This is just speculation, however, so take it with a grain of salt and stick with your assumption to be on the safe side.

Members don't see this ad :)
Maybe the forums will be less neurotic for the holiday season. hehehehe

Hopefully. Unfortunately the neuroticism of my family will be the opposite trend during the holidays. Bracing myself already..

I think I become more neurotic everytime there is a break. Knowing that my application is lying somewhere in a dark cubicle gathering dust instead of being reviewed by some adcom member is enough to drive me bonkers! :D

Hopefully. Unfortunately the neuroticism of my family will be the opposite trend during the holidays. Bracing myself already..

My parents ask me 'any emails?' at least 3 times a day. Not cool.

My parents ask me 'any emails?' at least 3 times a day. Not cool.

Haha. The first thing my mom asks me when she gets home from work is "anything new?". Every day. For the past 3 months

So, should I wait until after the holidays to send in grade updates?

I am wondering if sending them tomorrow will put them at risk of being ignored/quickly set aside.

So, should I wait until after the holidays to send in grade updates?

I am wondering if sending them tomorrow will put them at risk of being ignored/quickly set aside.

I'm waiting until January. My fear is that some mail worker will drop them off into a giant pile of update letters, they will fall in a crack between the desk and the wall, and will never be read. Or if I send it in email, then it will take the person 2 weeks just to get through their inbox.