• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

So I've reformulated my plan...peace out GT

Transformers

10+ Year Member
Jul 12, 2007
After a long and hard conclusion...I've decided GT is a waste of my time...this sucks at 80/40...I may just use GT maybe in the limelight of a cumulative subject exam but that still may not be worth my time...high yield is the GOAL

I'm sure I have learned a lot from using GT but the bottom of the fact is first aid is first aid and FA + UWorld should be good for a 240. More importantly, rote memorization is cool but medicine requires you to be a thinker and draw pathways and re-read your own reasoning; plain and simple GTs questions suck testing-purpose wise. I can't do that with GT and I think that was my biggest regret in using it. I didn't use GT for a thinking subject like Path and theres no reason to use it dedicatedly now....Phloston, I'm looking at you man when I ask you for advice.

So here I am starting fresh out, its Feb...exam is mid-June, my only workhorse books will be FA, an annotated Pathoma, HY Neuro, and a nicely annotated BRS-phys (with kaplan vids) + review my errors from Lippencott QandA Anatomy/Embryo + Robbins QandA Path

...Over the next 3 months, I would like to finish a pass of UWorld (maybe ~ 24qs a day/jotting down my errors onto an organized sheet to look at while doing UWorld again during dedicated step review) and review all my stuff once while annotating FA.

PHASE 1- Basic Sciences - Month of February
Review all the Basic Science stuff:
1.) Biochem (kaplan vids annotated onto my FA
2.) Gen Pharm - kaplan vids annotated onto FA
3.) Game-plan for the month of March-April
4.) Immuno- Read levinson (90 pages immuno gold + FA)
5.) FA Micro and MicroCards
6.) Most of Behavioral Sciences
7.) Review Embryo/Anatomy stuff within each organ system

PHASE 2 - PATH - March/April
=> PATH: Review Each System in FA with BRS Physio and re-watching Pathoma
=> PHARM: read associated pharm

PHASE 3- Dedicated prep in May-June
=> Repeat in faster amount of time

Transformers

10+ Year Member
Jul 12, 2007
More on the UWorld...another alternative I had to tackle UWorld was to start questions only when I was completed with a block and just max out that then doing it at random...at least at this learning phase in these three months, I can then formulate an error log that truly then reflects what I dont know based on having done all of FA on a subject to the max and best of my abilit

Your timeline will be unique to you. There are a number of effective methods that can get you to similar outcomes.

I'll just point out that I personally didn't like GT either. I hated their flashcard system quite honestly. But there were two 270+ scorers during 2012 who had sworn by it. So for some people, it's golden.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.