So mad at myself!!! -_-

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

uvaGirL07

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
arghhhhh!!! I waited to esubmit my AADSAS until mid August because I wanted to wait for my summer orgo grades (all of which I received As...)... but I wanted to be "safe" (in my mind), so I submitted my transcript after the spring semester just so maybe AADSAS could have it. I don't know what I was thinking. So anyway, they processed my application even before they could receive the new updated transcript. I thought the first one might not even go through because I didn't even send it in with a matching form... and I didn't realize they would verify my GPA SOOOOO quickly. It has only been 8 days since I submitted! hahaha

I'm just worried... since orgo classes are prerequisites, and since they won't be showing up on my transcripts that AADSAS sends to my schools, am I just going to be rejected for not having fulfilled all prereqs? :scared:

I am wondering if I should mass email all the schools and tell them I did fulfill them... what to do? Any suggestions?

Members don't see this ad.

arghhhhh!!! I waited to esubmit my AADSAS until mid August because I wanted to wait for my summer orgo grades (all of which I received As...)... but I wanted to be "safe" (in my mind), so I submitted my transcript after the spring semester just so maybe AADSAS could have it. I don't know what I was thinking. So anyway, they processed my application even before they could receive the new updated transcript. I thought the first one might not even go through because I didn't even send it in with a matching form... and I didn't realize they would verify my GPA SOOOOO quickly. It has only been 8 days since I submitted! hahaha

I'm just worried... since orgo classes are prerequisites, and since they won't be showing up on my transcripts that AADSAS sends to my schools, am I just going to be rejected for not having fulfilled all prereqs? :scared:

I am wondering if I should mass email all the schools and tell them I did fulfill them... what to do? Any suggestions?

Don't worry about it the schools know your going to finish the prereqs before starting school. lots of people wont finish all their prereqs until the winter semester or possibly the first summer semester. Its not a big deal at all. and there is and academic update period at the end of the year that you could send in your new grades if you really need to. just dont worry about it.

Hey

Dont worry, you will be alright. You dont have to all the prereqs completed when you apply, only by the time you enter the dental school. so you wont be rejected at all for that reason. Did you indicate your future classes on AADSAS? I think those can be updated at any time. I am worried that it might slow down your application process though. You might want to call a school and ask what you should do. Try to find a school that is friendly to phone calls. Im guessing some schools will care and others wont.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does AADSAS allow you to update your coursework?

You could probably get another official transcript sent out w/ the organic chem grades.

I sent in an updated transcript. When I called AADSAS to ask if they can just update it, they said that since my GPA has already been processed, they won't make any changes to it until the academic update period in the fall... meaning I waited to submit my application when I could have just submitted in May. *smacks head repeatedly against the wall* :thumbdown:

I guess I will just notify the schools that I am more serious about. Thanks guys. :D

You could probably get another official transcript sent out w/ the organic chem grades.

I don't think you can update but you can always add to your secondaries if I am not mistaken.
Somewhere on your secondaries you can add things that you have finished recently

Yes and No. AADSAS Academic Update Period is November through February, so make sure you update your coursework in November.

I don't think you can update but you can always add to your secondaries if I am not mistaken.
Somewhere on your secondaries you can add things that you have finished recently

Ohhh I didn't know that. Glad to hear that! Thanks. :thumbup: