1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

So many ppl took the DAT today! Including me!! 7/26

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by indigenoustw, Jul 27, 2011.

1. indigenoustw

indigenoustw Am I picking my nose or showing my shaka?
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Instead of typing a full breakdown, I want to share some thoughts to whoever are still studying. If you really are interested in the materials I used or other things, pm me or leave a comment here. Otherwise, my scores are updated on my predent file.

First, the most important of all, study at your own pace but don't slack off by keep rescheduling your test date. This gives you time to forget things as well as relax your nerves. SOME nerves and adrenaline are good.

In addition, it's IMPOSSIBLE to go over everything. Choose the materials that best supplement the knowledge that you already have.

Also, PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE!! Do as many problems as possible. Practice from different sources because it will give you a diverse look at the same subject coming from slightly different perspectives. The more you see them, the faster you can find the right approach to the problem.

Lastly, DON'T FREAK OUT!! You can do it!! If you prepare well (everyone has a slightly different definition for "prepared" but you know it best when you ARE prepared), then you will get it!!

(Btw, I don't know about other prometric centers, but good news is that the marker is now thinner. However, you can't erase the boards...you have to raise your hand to switch for a clean one in case you are out of space.)

All in all, I just want to say, IT'S POSSIBLE. Just put your heart into it.

Peace.

#1 indigenoustw, Jul 27, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2011
  2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. FROGGBUSTER

2+ Year Member

I checked your score on Predents, good job. It's nice to see someone from Cal doing well. :) Are you class of 2011 or 2012?

4. indigenoustw

7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I'm class 2011. Do we know each other lol? If you are one of the pre-dental members then we probably know each other.

5. Double Bonded

7+ Year Member

Really great GPA and scores. You're going to have no trouble getting adcoms to take notice.

Great work and good luck!

6. FROGGBUSTER

2+ Year Member

No I'm not lol.

7. indigenoustw

7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Thanks man! Since this was a retake, I was kinda worried that I wouldn't do well. Hope the schools have a chance to reconsider my app if they have already reviewed it.

lol nvm then. Good luck on your test tho. Go Bears!!

#6 indigenoustw, Jul 27, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2011